1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair is cut. Facing hell.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by David21201, Jun 10, 2015.

1. David21201

So if you look in my picture on the side here I have gotten my hair cut. Pretty short too.

I'm actually happy with it and my dysphoria hasn't kicked in yet so that's a plus.

My mom is OK with it but continuously tried talking me out of it. My stepdad keeps calling me 'dyke' 'shemale' 'fag' 'justin beiber' and other shit. I mean he's seriously bashing me.

Any help on ignoring him? Also, if you have any styling tips for my hair you can share those too.

Either tomorrow or friday i'll be dying my hair lavender as well

2. juyon

i've been using paste(or gel) to slide mine back and i like it =)

Just try a lot of things in front of a mirror and see what you like.

No idea what to do about you dad... I'm not really good with mine, so my advices wouldn't really work anyway.

3. Friendly Lion

That sucks, man :/ But it's good to hear you got to cut your hair. That's always exciting. I remember when I cut my hair off, and my parents were really upset, but mostly they didn't bully me about it. They just got upset about me looking like a boy really.

Only advice I can give you is that your opinion of your appearance is what matters most. If you think you look good (and I think you look great in the picture btw), that's the important thing. You can't make everyone else happy with your looks all the time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: If it gets to be too bad, you can try telling him that you don't like him poking fun at you? Say it's very uncool to call people names just because of how they look. I know that doesn't always work, but it's worth a try. People surprise you sometimes.

That's about all I can say to help, I think. But I hope it goes well and I'm glad you have a hair style now that make you feel more confident :slight_smile:

4. David21201

thanks. my little cousin who is only 6 LOVES playing with my bangs so at least thats a highlight. She's the only one who isnt being rude (other than my grandma).

Gotta love children

5. I'm_Danni_x

Yeah children are amazing, they are So accepting and open minded.

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best response to insults is to play deaf, no reaction, nothing, don't even turn your head.

Your best defence against him is complete indifference. Like some stranger you pass by on the street. He may temporarily increase his taunting to get you to react when you normally would; so you need to remain strong, for a while, but when he sees it has no effect, he will tire of it and get back to his own concerns.

I also had to endure an asshole stepfather, who was often violent, but ignoring his insults did work, even for him.

7. emma7

I think the best thing for the father issue is just try your best to ignore him. He'll soon grow bored of pestering you without a reaction.

For hair styles this is how I have mine. Although I was thinking of getting it layered soon. With the side view the back could do with trimming a bit I know but oh well lol. This is just plane without gel,spray etc as I'm not keen on using them.

Hope this gives you some ideas :icon_bigg

Keep in mind I got this from very long hair :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Attached Files:

8. David21201

**update
    I just dyed my hair purple (like the dye is sitting in right now)
    can't wait to see how it turns out!
    Can't wait to show my stepdad

9. Drazenka

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    There's something SERIOUSLY wrong with your stepdad.