1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans,Genderqueer,Androgynous or What?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Posthuman666, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

Greetings, so I recently have been struggling with my gender identity, I think I'm either genderqueer or trans, maybe even androgynous or agender or something else. I have, and am, struggling with depression and a lot of it is about not being comfortable with myself. Now that I have accepted that I am pansexual I feel great. But that still leaves the question of my gender. I am biologically "male" but I know that doesn't correspond with my gender identity. I feel I have always known deep down I wasn't a man but its just surfacing. I have grown my hair out, not super long but long enough, when I was little because I needed to feel more feminine and separate myself from everyone else. And now, going through puberty and exploring my sexuality I feel more feminine than ever. But I still have a small sense of masculinity that seems to be there whether I like it or not. When I imagine myself with a romantic partner I see myself as a woman or a man. All I know is that I have a definite feminine side and a decent masculine side. I think I may be genderqueer but I think I may also be trans. I am confused and would appreciate any comments or any other help. Thanks!

2. bi2me

Welcome to EC!

Those are both possibilities, as well as bi gender, which is feeling sometimes female and sometimes male (according to my friend who identifies this way). You may want to repost this under the Gender Identity and Expression section. There are probably more folks who can help out there.

I would say give yourself time and space to try to figure it all out. Depending on your age, and if you are concerned about going through puberty (or going more through it) you may want to consult with a doctor about hormone therapy which can delay puberty so you can figure out what you want to do in the long run.