1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(MtF) 1 Month HRT Effects

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by eofox, Jun 14, 2015.

1. eofox

Hey everyone! So About a month ago (about 4 days away from a full month) I started HRT. First my list of medications:
    ~Paroxetine (Paxil) - Prescribed to treat depression. (Taken daily.)
    ~Lorazepam - Prescribed for anxiety attacks. (It's gone from daily to almost once a week.)
    ~Ibuprofen - Over the counter drug I take because of pain and discomfort caused by TMJ (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction). (daily, sometimes twice a day)
    ~Spironolactone (Spiro) - Prescribed as a hormone blocker. (Taken daily.)
    ~Estradiol (Estrogen) - Prescribed as hormones... (Taken daily.)

Okay one quick thing to mention. I realize Ibuprofen is an extremely common drug, but due to how much I'm taking it I decided to mention it here.

Week 1 - During this week I noticed a large shift in mental positivity (Easily could have been psychological and not chemical.) and I also noticed a "tingling" in my chest area. I also became noticeably more "horny."

Week 2 - Became even more "horny" to the point it has become distracting. (Has not toned down at all.) I think part of this may be genetic since everyone but my mother (2 sisters, 1 brother, and my dad) are sexual "freaks." (Their words not mine.) I also noticed my breasts becoming slightly tender, but no discomfort.

Week 3 - Dysphoria has been severely toned down. The exception is something I'll mention at the end of this post, and my front facing camera on my phone :lol:... Serious body hair growth reduction. (Went from basically needing to shave every 8 hours (I didn't) to needing to shave once every couple days.)

Week 4 - "Horniness" has slightly subsided, but could be more from anxiety than anything else. Breasts have become reasonably tender as well as started to become larger, can't really tell unless you feel them. Nipples have enlarged.

So that's my month so far, not much has changed really. Although I definitely feel like I might be moving a bit faster than average (unsure). So now comes the question part... When is a good time to "come out" (at least to my boss) at work? I live in Utah, and work for a small business as a web developer. I've been worried since I started, about a year and a half ago, of what I'm going to have to eventually do. Almost all of upper management, including the two owners of the company who micro-manage like crazy, are Mormon. I'm not bashing the religion or anything, but it does increase my worry, having grown up in an excruciatingly unaccepting Mormon household. I have started to become severely dysphoric at work, more so than before, as well as around my parents. Both of which still use my birth name and refer to me as male. I've basically just settled on avoiding my parents since I've never really been close as they never were very... "compassionate." Unfortunately I can't just avoid work :icon_wink so that leaves me being decently dysphoric about five out of seven days a week, still better than before.

I'm not really ready to go full time just yet, but the changes to my chest have made me rather anxious for maybe having to at least talk to someone fairly soon. Feel free to comment about anything related to any part of this post, it's kind of a large mixture of things. (*hug*)

2. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well congrats on starting HRT. Who knows... soon you'll feel so much better!

3. blurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations, the transition will be a bit rocky but eventually you will be the woman you are, and there will be little reason to hide.

Have you thought of applying for a new job?

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    You could try the resign-yourself-for-the-worst-but-hope-for-the-best-and-have-them-be-forced-to-be-polite way.

Tell your boss the facts, you're MtF and your body is changing, so it's gonna be obvious. Ask your boss to call you she and your name. Tell the other staff members, too, I guess. Even if they don't like you for it, they'll be forced to be polite won't they? Unless they're 100% losers and fire you or something...

Congrats on starting HRT!
    Best of luck,
    Rebecca~