1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now what?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RoseLalonde, Jun 14, 2015.

1. RoseLalonde

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have come to the conclusion that I am genderfluid, although it seems as though part of me is in denial. It is quite frustrating. I suppose I am thinking that it could be a phase, although I've had the idea of me being genderfluid for a while. It seems that I'm just having trouble accepting myself.

I am also trying to determine if I should cut my hair short, so I would feel more comfortable on more male days. Although some days I enjoy my longer hair, which is why I am conflicted.

Also, at times I have issues determining if I feel more male or female, or both or neither. Some times it will be a strong feeling of one of them, or there will be barely any feeling at all. Perhaps those are the times when I feel like neither.

My last issue is coming out. I will obviously wait until I am fully comfortable with myself, though. I am just anxious to come out about this, even to my best friend who I know will be accepting. Coming out to my family is a whole different story though since they are not accepting with these things, so I do not plan on telling them any time soon. I just do not understand why I am so worried about telling the people who I know will accept me.

All of this is just causing me a fair amount of anxiety and I am quite desperate to figure myself out, so any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. Please, and thank you.

2. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you want to come out, do it at the right time and make sure it's safe to come out. And if you don't know how there are many YouTube videos by LGBTQIA+ YouTubers that have fantastic advice. And about your hair, I've seen a lot of non-binary people cut their hair in a short style they like and then buy a long hair wig and style it.