1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My hair isn't growing! Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ThatOnePerson, Jun 14, 2015.

1. ThatOnePerson

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've been growing my hair out for many reasons over the last year and a half--more importantly, so I can go out in girl-mode more often.

But the thing is, it's been in this weird emo-ish kind of awkward stage and it doesn't seem to be growing anymore. I have NO idea why. It's not like I straighten my hair, brush it TOO often.

Is it my diet, shampoo? Should I use conditioner?

Right now I'm taking biotin and using Mane n' Tail. That's about it.

I can put it into pig-tails, but that's about it.

Any ideas, friends?

2. lizardman

Can we switch hair? My hair grows freakishly fast :frowning2:
    A good diet will probably help your hair grow faster. Get lots of vitamins and minerals.

3. ThatOnePerson

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My diet has been kind of alright. I eat lots of veggies, try to stay away from heavily salted stuff--except for the occasional ramen.

I HAVE been planning to get more on a home-cooked meal style diet. More steamed stuff and "wholesome" food kind of thing. Maybe that will help? Or maybe a multi-vitamin pill?

4. v3ronica93

Out Status:
    A few people
    The biotin and Mane n Tail is a good start, but also eating a healthy diet and getting plenty of sleep. Also, washing your hair every day isn't good for it. But if your scalp feels greasy, you can use dry shampoo. Conditioner every time you wash your hair isn't a bad idea, either.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would also see if you have any dead ends or split ends on your hair. Those will make it grow slower. Sometimes you have to trim it a bit so that it will grow out more.

6. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Putting cayenne powder on your scalp will make your hair grow- its a natural remedy.

Cayenne Pepper for Hair Growth |

Diet is another very important thing to look at. I used to be malnourished due to malabsorption for many, many years - and I wore a hairstyle that pulled my hair back so tightly that it developed a serious receding hairline. People used to tell me that I had a really big forehead, because my hairline was so high up.

It wasn't until I started eating healthy and working on my digestive health to combat my chronic malabsorption, when I finally started to grow back my hair (I think it only started growing back last year). Now my hairline looks more normal.

7. suninthesky

Diet has a big role, and a vitamin will help but you absorb nutrients better through food.