1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People don't understand genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MidnightStar, Jun 14, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    Do people not understand genderfluid or something?
    I always tell people this and they get onto me about being genderfluid saying I can't just be genderfluid, and i'm always thinking. Um my (Brain, my body not yours)
    I've sort of am becoming very skittish with even telling people i'll tell some people and they'll say what I said above or even worse: So you're no gender, or don't know?
    No, dude not exactly, i'm more whatever I feel whatever my brain is saying that day.
    Why don't people understand this term?
    do we need more awareness for people on the non binary end or trans end?

#1 MidnightStar, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  2. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey :smilewave
    I think a lot of people aren't familiar with non-binary genders. We're kind of raised thinking there are only two genders, male and female. Also, while there have always been people who felt non-binary, names for non-binary genders are most likely relatively new. I think we need to raise awareness for both trans and non-binary as I believe there are a lot of misconceptions.

Hope that helped :slight_smile:

3. Posthuman666

Yeah,I agree with Spot, it seems that the "normals" don't grasp the concept of non-binary gender very well. As a gender fluid/genderquestioning/ bigender/ figuring it out person, it is a real problem. I feel sometimes as if people won't even think it is a real and valid identity, which it obviously is

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think it's real, but I also think a lot of people use the identity of non-binary/genderfluid incorrectly (such as feeling masculine one day and feminine another- gender identity has nothing to do with how "manly" or "girly" you are) and that causes a lot of people to not take it seriously in my experience.

Obviously, these kind of myths need to change in order to get the correct awareness.