1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I genderfluid???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by marthaalys, Jun 16, 2015.

1. marthaalys

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place but I'm starting to figure out slowly who I am.
    I was born a female and have never really been girly or boyish growing up, I would wear dresses but also just shirts and jeans, and in my mind I just identified as a girl since I didn't know anything about sexualities etc.
    I'm 19 now and recently I've been feeling like dressing like a boy. Since its summer and getting warmer I would normally wear dresses and short shorts but I want to dress in 3/4 length shorts and wear boys shirts and shoes because they look better to me than wearing girly things (sorry if I'm rubbish at explaining things)
    Earlier this year I shaved all my hair off since it was so dead due to me bleaching and colouring it so my hair is basically a buzz cut, I haven't really been growing it out since I like it, although my idea for originally shaving it was so I can grow back long, healthy hair.
    I've even stopped bothering so much with shaving my body hair. I would normally shave everything but I only really shave my legs and that's it.
    I identify as being straight but even then I would say I'm straight-curious. I'm in a relationship with a boy and I want to tell him these things but I'm not even sure if I am genderfluid or what I identify with.
    I love the idea of dressing like a boy and I've started to slowly do that, I even change up my makeup so my face looks more 'boyish'.
    Sorry if anything didn't make sense but I could really use some help and advice.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

The clothes that you wear and the way you present yourself are more about gender expression that gender identity, there's plenty of cis people that are gender nonconforming.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Max. All you've described is the clothes you wear and the other gender stereotypes you fit into. Stereotypes, presentation, etc. do not define gender. Is there anything else you're feeling that makes you think you might be genderfluid? If so, please let us know so we can help you further. If not, it sounds to me like you are simply a cis girl who doesn't fit into stereotypes.