1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about my gender!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LittleHiddenMe, Jun 16, 2015.

1. LittleHiddenMe

I will be 16 next month and I am VERY confused about my gender. I was born a female and have identified myself as a female, mostly because I was very uneducated about gender identity. I am going to try to explain this as best as I possibly can, so we are going to start out when I was really young (7-10 years old). Around that age, I was going through a "tomboy" stage and was even considering transitioning to a male, but quickly brushed that idea away because it just wasn't me. I didn't dress or wanted to be called a guy, it was more of a mental thing (that's the best way I can describe it), I didn't quite feel like a girl or a guy at that time. As I got older, I started to see myself getting out of the "tomboy" stage and becoming more "girly", but ever once in a while I will go back to the "tomboy" stage for maybe a day to a week.
    Last year, I came out as bisexual to my closest friends but than came out as pan-sexual later on, after I did some research with sexuality. When I was reading what being pan-sexual meant, I saw the term gender-fluid and was immediately curious. Upon further research this feeling of excitement and comfort and understatement, just kind of filled my emotions, and I was soon attached to the word gender-fluid and its meaning. I don't know if gender-fluid is who I truly am of if it something else. I need help and advice from others. I am very confused and truly need someones advice and thoughts. Thank you. (sorry if I didn't explain it well it enough)

2. Greenhorn

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I discovered I was genderfluid/genderqueer just yesterday and I am still learning myself too. Basically, as a cis male, the thing I asked myself was: "Do I feel I am a woman?" - my answer to that was yes, but it depends on my mood. I do not want to be a woman always, I sometimes just prefer being a male. With that knowledge I labeled myself genderfluid/genderqueer. The difference between those 2 still isn't that clear to me, but from what I have read, you might be genderfluid too.