1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this even a thing??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by rhiannon0713, Jun 16, 2015.

1. rhiannon0713

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello everyone, so I was just curious because I honestly don't know what to think of myself as. here's a quick summary:

• I am biologically female
    • I identify as female and have no feelings of being male whatsoever
    • I would prefer to present myself androgynously or as gender fluid

I don't know if I can be considered gender fluid because I don't switch between gender identities (I have only ever identified as female), however I feel a desire to present myself as gender fluid? Does this even make sense?

For example, I want to be able to dress more masculine some days and more feminine other days, or simply dress androgynously on most days.

I should also mention that I experience chest dysphoria. I plan on ordering a chest binder online because it has gotten so bad. I detest having breasts and I feel like they aren't part of who I am, nor will an absence of breast make me any less female.

I really hope this makes sense and someone out there can offer some advice. Would you consider me gender fluid because of how I choose to express myself outwardly, or am I something else entirely due to the fact that I identify as only one gender. I'm so confused about this and tbh it's causing me a great deal of anxiety and inner turmoil.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd probably consider you more androgynous due to the fact that you don't fluctuate between genders but still dress as both male or female.
    Good luck. :slight_smile:

3. suninthesky

When concerning gender stuff, there's sex, gender identity, gender presentation and separately sexual orientation. Look up the genderbread person on google and that should help. Gender presentation can be totally different than gender identity, as in a transperson in an unsafe environment, or alternatively people like you, who identify as female and present as androgynous.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you ID as female, then you are female, not genderfluid. You could describe yourself as female with a fluid presentation, but that is not part of your gender. Presentation is separate from gender.

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like you are a non-conforming female, or an androgynous female.