1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a good binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Trypto, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Trypto

Hi everybody!
    So my mom just accidently destroyed my binder. At first I was really angry, but it was only one of those cheap 5$ binders (wouldn't recommend those btw), and she offered now to buy me a proper one, which is pretty cool. But I have absolutely no idea which one to get. I would like a binder that flattens the chest really well and that is as comfortable as possible. I'd like half length best. I considered getting the tri-top binder from underworks because quite a lot FtMs recommend it, but I'm not entirely sure yet. Which binders do you wear and do you like them? Do you have any recommendations for me? I'd be so thankful!

~ Chris :icon_mrgr

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Personally I like gc2b binders, I got an underworks one originally and I thought the material was a bit uncomfortable, the gc2b one is more comfortable in my opinion. I've heard lots of good things about the underworks binders though, they seem pretty reliable.

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Underworks and GC2B are great and get the job done for a price that isn't too bad. Loveboat also has nice binders, but they're expensive and the sizes can run small if you have a bigger chest.

5. Fred89

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you get Gc2b let me know how it fits. I ordered a large that was too small to get over my head and shoulders. My bust is 36, so I have now ordered a 2x by gauging how tight the other one was.

6. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use the full length underworks (thinking about getting the half-length one--summers in the South are misery with the full-length), and it works really well. If your arms are sore from exercising or whatever, you will probably need assistance getting the thing off, so make sure you have a friend or relative nearby who doesn't mind potential flashing. I did have trouble with the material at first--just wear a thin tank underneath, and it fixes the issue (and somehow also keeps it from shifting too much during wear). Sizing is pretty true. Again, though, it's thick just by virtue of being a binder, so it's TOO WARM if you're going to be out in 100 degree weather.

7. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Underworks is great, but if that's too expensive you should get Gc2b binders.

8. Trypto

Thanks for the advice!
    After all I still absolutely couldn't decide, and since I live in Europe the shipping is really expensive. I also can't return anything, so I decided it was too risky for me. I found a website called danae (from which I've never heard before) that sells binders and where I could return it, so I ordered one from there. It arrived a few days ago and I like it, it's really comfortable and easy to put on, the only thing I'd criticize is that it doesn't bind as well as I'd like to. But that's okay for now, I think I'll get the underworks tri-top some day too.

- Chris