1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

body dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this is a good article for people to read on the subject, it is certainly helping me.

here it is

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Those were very interesting, dysphoria can be difficult to describe but some of these did a pretty good job. I liked the fact that many of the testimonies were from relatively older people, it's interesting hearing about what it used to be like to be trans back then, and it also shows that it's never too late to transition.

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Fascinating article!

The first testimony of dysphoria sent shivers down my spine and I agreed with every word:

"So, what does body dysphoria feel like? It feels like sandpaper on your skin. It feels like floating in an ego cloud, that being the only thing that can hold you together, since you have no body at all. It feels like struggling to breathe through moss, because the barriers between you and the world are so damn thick, yet frustratingly invisible to everyone around you. It feels like rages of solidity that well up from inside, between long stretches of pulsing in water like a jellyfish, waiting, waiting, waiting for something to happen, something to keep you alive. And in spite of all these feelings, you just keep going through your days as best you can, because there’s no way to explain what you’re experiencing to people who don’t/won’t/can’t understand, because their bodies say who they are, so they think all bodies do exactly that for everyone. "

Can't wait to read the rest of the testimonies!

4. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welp, there go any lingering doubts I may have had. I identified with a lot more of those stories than I expected to. And now I don't know where that leaves me.

Thanks for sharing that link!!! I have a lot to think about, again. :confused: