1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving legs :(

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Pret Allez, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Shaving my legs is really tough. It took me like one hour to get one leg done. Now I have to get up early to finish my other leg. Also, I cut myself. :frowning2:

Does it just take a lot of practice? Also, how often do you folks maintain???

2. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It took me a while to stop getting cuts all the time, but that part does take practice. You'll need to be as gentle as possible, and not rush. What works best for me is shaving them about twice every week; if I do it too much it will irritate my skin.

Also, even though it takes forever the first time, it's quicker after that since there's a lot less hair to deal with. A typical shave and shower lasts about an hour for me.

3. ahundredpennies

A good razor matters a lot too. Those super cheap plastic ones don't work too well in my opinion. Also make sure you're using enough shaving cream/gel/whatever. I used to try to skip lathering in it and I would end up with bad razor burn and cuts.

4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I used to shave I probably shaved once or twice a week, and I used the razors with soap on them so it only really took about five minutes. Then I put lotion on after the shower so my legs wouldn't dry out.

5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I shaved once or twice a week if not more. Lost of shaving cream and a sharp razor do wonders. Sadly I never learned how not to cut myself. I have scars on my knees that will never go away because of shaving

6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes I can go weeks without shaving, and others, every other day. It's easier to maintain if you do it regularly. What I do is use an electric razor to shorten the hairs, then use a three or four bladed razor (with shaving cream) to do the rest, rinsing with water between.

That's before a shower, and I'll usually shave any that got away afterwards. Use moisturizer, because when the hairs start growing out again, it's going to itch like a mofo!

7. Kaya-Sente

I have no idea how i survived my first leg shave. I shaved a patch once on a whim, decided I loved how smooth it was and shaved the rest in like a half hour using a disposable razor with no water or cream. Somehow I didnt get a single cut. Since then it takes much longer, and I cut myself regularly.

I recommend looking into safety razors, they are the old school metal razors that disposable ones are modeled after (loosely). It takes some technique, but I find it is easier and smoother. Far less cuts too, only when I get rushed. Plus it makes the routine pleasant and calming.

Definitely dont do disposables, they are disposable for a reason and there is a lot of hair to cut.

8. BelleFromHell

I normally use the cheap plastic ones. My electric one is made for pubic hair, so it doesn't give me a very close shave. If you use them, however, make sure to replace them regularly, or you'll regret it.

I'm super hairy, so I have to shave my legs every 3-5 days. I tend to shave right when the hairs are a centimeter or two long. If they get too long, it becomes a hassle. I shave armpits even more often.

I have sensitive skin, so I have to shave with hair conditioner. Shaving cream just doesn't agree with me. As crazy as it sounds, it actually works pretty well for me. Plus, the conditioner helps make my skin soft and smooth.

9. Counting Bodies

I'd never thought of that! I get eczema, and because I do pole dancing I can't moisturise after I shave. I'm so trying this next time!

10. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh, yes, it takes practice and patience. I used razors a lot, creams are way too messy and damn stinky, and it's all bad chemicals for your skin/lungs.

Get your legs waxed. It's over in ten minutes and then you've got 30 days of hairless gams.

(What am I doing here? Lol...)

11. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I have relatively little body hair by default. But I do shave, and I add cream and use a medium-cheap razor. I often bleed just a little bit and might be a little red, so I put on some oil that makes it smooth and all.

12. Lazuri

I don't cut myself, but it takes literally hours. I'm going to try waxing next time instead. I'm sure it will be painful, but I'd suffer much worse to avoid the ordeal that is shaving.

13. blurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know the pain. I am a hairy beast, I wouldve given up on shaving a while ago if I wasn't forced to....

You need a good razor, preferably one with multiple blades, the cheap plastic ones are alright for the pits but not the legs. Also hair removal cream can work well when you're getting rid of the leg forest for the first time. You just need to find a kind that works. Waxing is the best way to have more semi-permanent results and it can be rather cheap. Getting it done by someone is the best way to go but if you are a bio-male it may be awkward.

14. AR369

Out Status:
    All but family
    If I want to be super smooth I have to shave my legs every other day :/. I use the men's Gillette on my legs I can't stand female razors they definetly don't work as well. I used to wax (lasted me 3 weeks) ,but that ended up taking too much time and $. If you have a high pain tolerance I'd recommend looking into an epilator..it's a machine that rapidly tweezers your hair out. Good thing I'm short so I have less leg area to cover either way.

---------- Post added 20th Jun 2015 at 09:50 AM ----------

Oh yeah! There are hair removal creams like Nair that I hear work pretty well. I always get an allergic reaction from it though so I would do the patch test they recommend.

15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use Veet or Nair. About 10 minutes is all you need. And your hair remains invisible for like 5 or 6 days.

I'm working on my face with laser hair removal. Hormones and future laser hair removal will come.

16. Seer of Time

Out Status:
    A few people
    What about electric razors? I see a lot of people talking about using shaving cream and such, but I only have an electric one (which works pretty well for my face). If I decide to shave my legs, would I need a manual razor?

17. Lazuri

You'd have some difficulties depending on the razor. Some razors can't shave it very well at all because the hairs are too long and most others won't get close enough. Your legs will look decent, but they won't feel smooth.

18. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a crazy amount of hair! Well, I did two years ago. I started waxing because it got so bad, some of my leg was starting to get stubble after it when I shaved! Now its way better and I get my legs (sometimes arms) waxed every month. Shaving is so hard, but waxing hurts, especially doing it in other places.

19. tgboymom

Cuts happen. I'm 52 and have been shaving since I was 10 and I still cut myself on occasion. Stings like a mutha. I don't rush since I tore up both Achilles areas getting ready for a date in a hurry. I learned my lesson. :wink:

I use a good, sharp razor and find the most success with hair conditioner. Normally, I'll shave everyday in the shower. It avoids looking down and realizing that I might need a weed wacker instead of a razor. lol

20. lizardman

Shaving freaking sucks. Even before I accepted myself as a guy, I came up with as many excuses as I could to not shave, especially during the winter time when I could cover it up with pants. Now, I'm purposely waiting for my leg hair to grow out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But yeah, I never learned how to not cut myself, because I only bothered to shave a handful of times at the most.