1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have an idea...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lizardman, Jun 20, 2015.

1. lizardman

I want to make a short film or something what it's like to be transgender growing up (or at least FTM, I don't know anything about MTF experiences). I want to at least include:
    -Getting my hair cut really short for the first time in 8th grade when my hair was infested with lice, and realizing how amazing it looked and felt
    -Being the kid on the playground who always dug holes in the ground and collected rocks and bugs while all the other girl got into circles and talked and braided each other's hair
    -Being the kid who always showed up to middle school in jeans and t shirts at a time where all the other girls were trying to dress up and wear makeup and high heels and look "mature"
    -Crying the first time I had a period
    -Comparing my curvy fat legs to the straight, angular, thin legs of guys (all the freaking time when I walked through the hallway)
    -Getting out of the shower and instinctively wrapping the towel around my waste, and then remembering, "oh yeah, I have boobs" and moving it up towards my chest unhappily
    -Crying the first time I noticed that my waste was significantly smaller than my hips and shoulders, and that it looked really weird
    -Crying the first time my sister made me pluck my eyebrows and wondering why the heck any person would put themselves through that kind of torture
    -Lamenting at all the times that I could not pee standing up (especially in gas station restrooms)

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like a thorough film, good luck!

3. randomconnorcon

Dude, I'm contemplating doing a similar thing. :grin: Good luck!

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What about a dream scene, where you are just a guy?
    You could use the camera to see what he sees, reactions on others.
    Like that Prodigy video.

5. lizardman

Yeah... I wish I had people to help me film it, though... I kind of wanted it to be my way of coming out, but I don't know how to implement it...

6. mothzi

Sounds great! Good luck :slight_smile: