1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wishes for the future

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Posthuman666, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

I have been suffering major dysphoria lately and just really wish I could come out, but i'm too scared to come out to a conservative family and going to a catholic school next year. I just wish my male parts were gone, replaced with the parts I know I should have but don't. I want to have a feminine facial structure, and be able to were dresses, and skirts and blouses.

But I can't. Not yet.

I have a dream. I have a dream where one day, my children will be judged not by their gender or sexuality (and color of their skin) but by the content of their character. I have a dream where the closets won't just be empty, but gone altogether.

I long for a time where coming out won't even be necessary. Where if you say your gay people don't even think twice before accepting you. I long for a time where the closets are gone, where LGBT+ people have full rights to marry, adopt and live like anyone else, in every country. I long for a time where acceptance will be real. Where I can be me. And you can be you. And she can be her. And he can be him.

But we have a long ways to go. We "are human, and we need to be loved just like everyone else" We are people, we are happy, and strong, and morally capable of being given the rights everybody else has. We don't deserve this. What did we do wrong? So we are attracted to other people besides the opposite gender. So what if we don't identify with our assigned genders? Does that mean that we can't be normal? We can't experience love?

Thats my goal, and I hope yours too. We can do this LGBT+ community, and Ill be damned if we don't.