1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by David21201, Jun 21, 2015.

1. David21201

Ever since I've come out to myself as transgender my dysphoria has greatly decreased. I believe it has something to do with me telling myself "yeah I have a pussy and boobs, but that doesn't make you any less of a man".

I keep questioning my gender because of the lack of dysphoria since it seems to be a trans guy/chick you have to have extreme dysphoria and hate when people mess up your pronouns. None of this really occurs or bothers me much. Pronouns I've learned to ignore when I'm referred to she/her/girl etc. since I'm not out. It does leave a lingering pain however.

Is this kinda normal for dysphoria to diminish after coming out to yourself and after you begin accepting you are in the wrong body? Am I not really trans? :help:

2. Acm

Acm Guest

I don't think that makes you not really trans. Everyone deals with dysphoria differently, it doesn't make it any less legitimate.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Doesn't make you any less valid. Some trans people have a lot of dysphoria over pronouns, some don't. The people who don't aren't any less trans than the people who do. I can definitely imagine that being able to really see yourself as a guy, even if others don't, would help to relieve dysphoria, so it makes sense to me that you feel less dysphoria after coming out to yourself.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone is different, and it doesn't make you less trans. Some people experience severe social dysphoria, some don't. Some experience intense body dysphoria, and some don't. For me, I know my physical dysphoria has dropped a lot since I started T and my anxiety bouts of it are fewer and farther between.

5. Envy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you think you're a guy, then you are. Not feeling painful dysphoria doesn't invalidate your identity. I think every trans' person experiance is a bit different, and we don't all feel the same amount of dysphoria or acceptance over our bodies, and social interactions.