1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MidnightStar, Jun 21, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm unsure if you would consider the dysphoria I get minor to strong but I noticed many have it worse then me. But I can't help but wonder if it even is dysphoria I haven't been diagnosed I just consider myself as possibility having it.

-I'm genderfluid, i switch genders-
    -Some days I want boobs
    -Some days I don't want boobs
    I don't get overly depressed or wishing to chop them off, but i get upset more for the fact i cannot hide them and that means i can't a flat chest when wanting to have a flat chest.
    It upsets me but I wouldn't say to the point of tears or anger.

Many days I can deal with having them and I continue my life ignoring it even if its hard, sense I wish to look a certain way and my body gives me up quickly due to my boobs.
    Rarely: I may feel like i need to be free and have nothing no binder, no boobs. But it's so rare i honestly just started feeling it sense i been over thinking about it i feel it's starting to take over on rare moments inside my life.
    My name?
    It's unisex so I never actually had a problem with it sense I can make it short and i don't have to use the longer version that is gendered.

I understand i can get a binder
    however would i be correct to consider this dysphoria?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say that's dysphoria. It's not one shade of explosive feelings of anger, sadness, or depression. It can be subtle (like background noise) or it can be discomfort like wearing your shoes on the wrong feet. Think of it as a color spectrum, with it being possible to experience different degrees of dysphoria.

My dysphoria used to be so intense that I'd be curled up into a ball bawling or wanting to throw myself off a bridge. Now, it's mostly a discomfort or inconvenience; and the days where it does get to where it makes me upset or depressed is maybe a few times a month at best.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    ^what he said.

Dysphoria for me has mostly been an intense sense of my body having nothing to do with me. It's a container, a cage, the lock of which can only be opened by transition.
    I have also done the ^rocking

You are feeling the opposite of euphoric in relation to your sex characteristics. That would be gender dysphoria.

It's not as intense as what perhaps me or ^AJ have, but that doesn't make it less important.
    It's good to talk about it

Take care ~

4. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

Dysphoria for me I always want what the other sex have

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, that's dysphoria. You find them uncomfortable; you don't want them there. It doesn't have to make you completely miserable to count as dysphoria.

6. Posthuman666

Like everyone says, I think its safe to say its dysphoria. Dysphoria has many different levels, so things are different for everybody.