1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out but...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Natasha Elyssa

I want the whole world to know I'm a girl, and I'll do anything to be who I am. But... my community hates LGBT, and my family is worse. My dad's threatened to kill me if I ever wear a dress, and my mom is psychotic. My dad has a gun and refuses to say whether it works and has bullets, which scares me. My mom is so emotionally disturbed, she'd throw a fit, shut down, hate me, and act like she's victim of a heinous crime. My friends don't understand or accept Trans at all. And as I've said before, my community is horrible. I'm actually contemplating calling child services and leaving my home. I love everyone, but they'll hate me. I don't want to leave my sister either. I'm tied. Any advice? I don't know what to do from here.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    In New York there must surely be places you can go, like LGBT+ cafés or supprot groups (you can go stealth, of course), to meet people who will accept you?

It does seem like treasuring your family and friends and them not being accepting of who you are is a major clash. Could you try talking with child services on what to do just in case something goes wrong?
    Do you see any opening where you could tell one friend or so?

I'm sorry my advice is a bit meh...

hugs

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I definitely wouldn't come out to someone if you thought there was risk of violence, your safety should take priority. Is there anywhere else you could stay?

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your safety should be a top priority, especially with what you described putting you at risk of violence as Max and others said. Do you have any friends or relatives that you can stay with? My only concern would be if something does go wrong and you need to find a way to provide for yourself.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    yes, your safety is definitely #1.

I think giving the social services or someone who can support you a ring is a must if you want to come out.

hugs

6. Posthuman666

Safety is number one, like said before. I think that support is also very important. Basically just seconding BeckiWoopX's reply before me.