1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name stuff... again :(

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Worlock, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Worlock

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I have a clear idea of a name, but I'm struggling with one aspect. I can't decide if I want a name that sounds unique or more normal.

My two main/final choices are Morley Vanderkarr and Alex Andrzejewski.

The first one takes a nickname I used to have as my first name with a name on my mother's side as my last name.

The second takes a name I've always liked with the last name I already have (which, as cumbersome as it is, is something I'm used to having).

I am just feeling really dysphoric and confused and could use an outside opinion I guess. I've been going by Morley for a couple months now. :icon_sad:

2. anann

I don't think either name is that weird. I don't know anyone named Morley, but it is easy to pronounce (I think anyways but it's hard to know without hearing you say it) and doesn't strike me as a unique or made up name. It sounds like you have thought through the meaning of both names. I'm sorry not to give you a preference, but I think both would make good choices that keep you connected to your family with the last name and show who you are with the first.

One thing that I wanted to do when I chose a new name was to show to those who I already knew that I am a different person than they thought they new and to illustrate that I chose a first name that was different. Maybe one thing to think about in your choice since Morley was your nickname?

Good luck!

3. Worlock

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those are all good points. I think I feel slightly more attached to Morley simply because it was a nickname for the male part of me. I'm sure my therapist will help me sort through this; it's just tough.

4. anann

It is tough. I'm glad you have a therapist to help you with the decision. Maybe you could try using one name with them for a few sessions and see yow you like it? That should be a safe place to try it out.

5. David21201

I like Morely simply because I've never heard it before. I'm glad you have a therapist to help you

6. DragKing692

Cool names, dude! I think Morley sounds awesome.

7. Worlock

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! (*hug*)

8. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really like the name Morley. But you have two good options. You really can't go too wrong :slight_smile: