1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips/Advice on Transitioning Natural?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by David21201, Jun 22, 2015.

1. David21201

I was wondering if any of you have advice on ways to transition naturally. I'd like to transition this way for now since I'm not out and it'll be easier.

Foods that bump up testosterone and lower estrogen etc. Feel free to also share workout/ exercise routines that helped you since I need to lose weight/gain muscle to pass easier.

Thank you!~

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not safe and, as far as I know, not really possible.

Foods that raise your testosterone levels really aren't going to have enough of an effect to cause actual changes, and if they did, that would mean you would need to be monitored by a doctor, like you would for a normal transition. Plus, it would be far too hard to control your hormone levels since you would not be administering T in a consistent dose. I cannot recommend trying a natural transition.

I'm not too helpful with exercise advice, but I'm a big fan of doing push ups and sit ups because a) you don't need to go anywhere or to have any equipment and b) it builds muscle on your upper body, and that will help you pass better. I need structure if I'm going to get anything done so I found a program online I've been following, so you could try finding one that works for you.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. The foods you'll find on list that are said to increase testosterone levels don't do much to show a drastic change, and messing with your levels could spike your estrogen levels. T boosters aren't safe to take either for the same reasons; with them being designed for cis men and they're bad for you.

Exercise wise, I'm a fan of Dance Dance Revolution. It keeps my heart rate up, it kills time, and it's pretty fun when you do it with friends. Youtube channels like Buff Dudes and Scooby1961 have fitness routines you can do on a practically zero budget, so check them out.

4. David21201

Thank you for the replies so far.

5. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    +1 for DDR. Awesome cardio and surprisingly fun and addictive.
    Definitely check out Athlean-X on YouTube. That guy is legit. You get a ton of awesome tips from his channel, he does like to promote his products a fair bit but he still gives a lot of information. He teaches how the body works and why it does certain things when it comes to nutrition, muscle growth, how protein works, what exercises are bad that people often promote and then also different exercises that are really good and WHY they are good and shows you how to do them. He also has a ton of Burst Training vids which most you can do at home - some of those I thought, Yeah NP man, but holy cow, hardcore. Those are all just stuff on his channel. So I recommend.