1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just wanna be a little boy.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kodo, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oftentimes, I find myself wishing that I could have or have had a boyhood. It's just not something that I got, being trans. In some ways that makes me sad. I know that it's silly to wish something like that. It's something people take for granted, I think, their childhoods.

I just wanna be a little boy.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here, I wish I had more of a boyhood, I sometimes think about this every now and then. :frowning2:

#2 Hawk, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  3. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I feel the same. I had a pretty happy childhood, but I still feel like I missed out. There's so many things I'm never going to be able to experience.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think everyone is like that. My childhood was sort of gender neutral, but I still feel like I missed out on things.

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're not alone. If I had the choice, I would gladly relive my life from the beginning, but the right way.

I also tend to take advantage of my younger looks since I feel like I missed my true childhood. What's the point of acting like an 18 year old when you look 13 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me too... X(

8. Cynder

I feel the exact same way. My brother all wrestle and fight and mess around, and I don't really get to do that, I never did. And other things I just missed out on. Also, even though I am 17, and going to college, and going to be on my own soon, I definitely still see myself as a boy. I don't feel like a man, or that I will soon become a man, and I think that's because I missed out on boyhood, so how can I move on to manhood, you know?

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it just occurred to me when I was out in public the other day that people view me as a boy of maybe 12 years old. In fact, at a restaraunt I was about to order an entree but the waitress redirected me to the kids menu... I'm short and skinny so I didn't need much food anyway. But still I thought that was funny.

It's kind of like, with transguys who are in their teen years (or even early 20s) and still pre-T that we almost get a "do over" puberty.... Haha. While I'm really 17 people think I'm 12 and by the time they think I'm 17 I'll probably be 25. Ah well... At least I get a few more years ordering off the kids menu, right?

Maybe once I start publicly transitioning, I can take this time to really embrace being a boy - even if it is a few years late. I too will need to "catch up."

10. randomconnorcon

I'm the oldest sibling and the oldest cousin and if you count how my family view me, there are only four girls to seven boys. So growing up, I kinda feel like I had a boyhood; I ran in the mud, climbed trees, rode my bike to places I shouldn't and everything else just as well as my cousins and was basically viewed as one of the boys. Sometimes, yeah, I wish I had a 'real' boyhood as a biological boy, but mostly it's really my tween years/puberty I wish I could get back; they gave me the wrong one and people realized I wasn't biologically a boy. That just sucked and I them need to send me back and do it right.

11. thepandaboss

Same here, I hear ya. Raised very stereotypically female. Moments I cherish were moments I got to be a little more masculine (video games, biking, etc)

12. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Mm, I agree, but the opposite obviously, that's part of why the wait for medical transtioning is so excruciating.

I would just like to be able to spend a few years as a girl... now I'll never know what that's really like.

13. lizardman

I agree. I'm just glad that I had a childhood that incorporated both genders, since my older sisters were total opposites (one was a tomboy, one was a girly girl). I got exposed to both Barbies and Nerf guns >:grin:

14. Acm

Acm Guest

Same here. I hate waiting for transition, I've already missed out on a childhood, I'd like to spend at least part of my youth as the right gender, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen :frowning2:

15. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

you are not alone

16. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Touche.

I did actually get a fairly stereotypical boyish childhood... Oddly enough. I grew up surrounded by brothers on both sides with no female influences outside of my mother. I would go outside and make mudpies, play "adventure" and be a hobbit (who was always a guy), play for hours on end with action figures (never dolls) with my brother, and end with a good dose of video games.

While having a boy's body from the get-go would have been nice, I guess the real trouble started when I entered the preteen years. You said it perfectly...

SEND ME BACK AND DO IT RIGHT.

17. Foz

Foz Guest

Even as a guy I sometimes would like to be a young boy again! There's just sometimes I wish I didn't spend all those years trying to achieve things and just relaxed a bit more, so even if you could be a little boy, you'd only want to go do it again!

18. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a mix of a girl upbringing and a boy upbringing. I climbed trees (I mean fell out trees) played in the mud, wrestled with my brothers and played video games. But I wasn't allowed to play sports and that is the only thing I would change about my childhood. I live that part of my life through little cousins and my nephew. My childhood was happy minus a few things do I don't feel a need to change it.

Also can't pretend to be a young boy. I'm tall and have facial hair (that I usually shave) so I'm usually mistaken for 16 or 17

19. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It isn't silly to feel that way, it's very understandable. But it could be counterproductive if the issue never got addressed and you still felt that way when you're 34 years old. It's good you're thinking about it now.

Maybe it would help to mourn the lost opportunity for boyhood. Many people have to mourn the loss of a (decent) childhood. It might feel awkward, because you maybe had a decent childhood (please forgive me if I'm making an incorrect assumption), but something was still off about it.

During and after that you can still indulge the childlike side. For example, you're never too old to play with Lego!

I don't want to be a child again, but I would like to be 17/18/19 again.

What's the point of acing like a 24 year old when you look 15? :lol: I'm going to be ID'd until I'm at least 30.