1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck between names

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AndySammy, Jun 23, 2015.

1. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

So recently I've been struggling a lot with my new - masculine - name. I thought I was happy with Louis, but I'm suddenly not.
    I can't decide, so I would like to hear you guys out - what 'name' do you think I look like?
    The names I like is:
    - Louis
    - Andrew/to Andy
    - Brandon
    - Samuel/to Sam

I'm very happy with Sam, but Supernatural messes a bit with it.
    So what do y'all think I look more like?
    (I have some pictures in my album, obviously)

2. randomconnorcon

Well, I'm biased because Sam is the shortened version of my birth name and I like it, so Samuel is to be my middle name (or my first name if I don't go with Nathan in the end, though I probably will).

After Sam, I think Brandon is cool.

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of think, from the names you listed, you look like a 'Louis' to me.

4. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

I'm really happy with Samuel/Sam right now, it's just a cool name.
    I don't know about Brandon, I think it's quite too masculine to someone as feminine looking as me?

---------- Post added 24th Jun 2015 at 01:26 PM ----------

I do? Thanks.

5. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I think you look like an Andy. Seems this forum didn't help much, since everyone's got a different answer! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I just think you look artsy in your pictures, & Andy is an artsy name because of Warhol.

6. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

...and there's not many answers, that's even worse! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But thanks, I'm really into Andy too. I was actually considering Andrew Samuel but it doesn't have a nice ring to it, right?

7. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

The more I say it, the better it sounds. I think it would sound good with the other name you mentioned also, as Andrew Louis. Tricky since you said you're more fond of Samuel lately!

8. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

I don't know how I feel about Louis, to be honest. I think too much of One Direction, which kinda makes the name feel stupid, because there already is 'a Louis'.
    I really like Andrew Samuel, but then my initials would be A. S. N. S. H., and that's really long.

9. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

Honestly, it reminds me of 1D too. :lol: I think if you really like Andrew Samuel, you should go for it! It really does sound better once you get used to it. Having 5 initials would be a pain, but I think it'd be worth it to have a name you really want.

10. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

It will be so annoying when I have to sign too, but I'd get used to it.
    Thanks for your help! :grin:

11. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

I'm beginning to like the name Gerard. What do you guys say to that?

12. Aura

Gerard Way? XD xD
    I was going to say Brandon at first but it sounds like you don't like that one so I would say Andy then Samuel...but Gerard could also work ahhh this is so hard! sorry I probably wasn't much help bc I'm pretty sure I just listed all of the names (you probably won't get the joke at the beginning if you don't know who MCR is sorry)

13. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

...I actually got Gerard from MCR - I listen to them non-stop! (!)
    I'm stuck between Andrew Samuel(shortened Andy or Sam) or Gerard Andrew/Gerard Samuel. But your opinion really helps - it's not like there's a flood of people helping me out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :help:

14. suninthesky

Were you born in Denmark? I always thought it was cool when people use names that were popular in the year/place they were born, it usually seems to fit well. I like all of the ones you came up with, but here's a list just in case.

Most Popular Male Names Denmark 2002 - BabyNames.ch

15. Xander27

Hey there!

Personally, I like Andy. But I'd suggest looking up the meanings of the names, since names have power and you want to make sure you're channeling that to make the new chapter of your life what you want it to be :slight_smile:

16. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

Yes, I am, though I'm actually from Finland/Sweden. Swedish, Finnish and Danish names are just... I really don't like them. Thanks for the list, though.

---------- Post added 25th Jun 2015 at 09:24 PM ----------

I actually did, and I'm okay with Andy's meaning, I'm just more thinking of Andy from Fall Out Boy, which makes the name greater.

17. Aura

Andrew Samuel as in one name or as first and middle? If you mean as first and middle I like Andrew Samuel. but if you mean as one name I like Gerard-Samuel. I probably sound confusing...

18. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

I mean like, for example, Gerard as first name and Samuel as middle name. Thanks for I ur opinion.

19. Diferent Kind

I don't know :slight_smile: But i think Andrew kind of suits you :wink:
    It's a calm name :grin: (If that makes sense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), and i like the sound of it :slight_smile:

What is your current favorite?? :slight_smile:

20. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

I've kinda decided on Andrew, actually, but I don't know if I should go with Gerard Andrew or Andrew Samuel. I really like Gerard, but do I look like a Gerard or a Sam(uel)?