1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demi-nonbinary? Gender expression?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by skiponepr1, Jun 23, 2015.

1. skiponepr1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I identify as Demi-nonbinary and have yet to meet anyone else who identifies this way. I'm really just reaching out hoping to find SOMEONE I can connect with. Also I'm having problems trying to figure out how to present myself in a gender neutral fashion and would like any advice or tips thanks!

2. skiponepr1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Elianora

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ill be honest, I don't use any labels to define myself as they all feel to me just as restrictive as any traditional binary gender labels and so I'm not exactly well versed in them. I looked up deminonbinary though and it sounds like a fairly accurate description of me (though I'm still a little confused by most of the "demi" terms. I don't connect words to feelings very well).

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could you explain how you use the word? I found a couple definitions online, and they're not quite the same. It's not a word I use to describe myself, but if I can relate to your definition, I'd love to help out.

5. fjord13

I believe I may be demi-nonbinary, but I have only recently started thinking about it, as whenever I questioned my gender I was like,"well, I don't feel like a guy at all, so I must be female." But I realized that I feel mostly like a girl and partially non-binary, so I am now leaning toward genderflux or demi-nonbinary. It really depends on the day. I would like advice on gender neutral fashion as well, all I've done so far is cut my hair to chin length.

#5 fjord13, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  6. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't self-describe as demi-nonbinary (or as anything in particular, really) but certainly the description lines up more or less with my experience, although any static label tends to give me trouble, haha.

I'd be more than happy to offer my two cents on gender-neutral presentation - it depends what you're personally going for lookswise, though!