1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** Attraction to the female sex and the male gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by childhooddream, Jun 23, 2015.

1. childhooddream

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I used to identify as a kinsey 1/2 with my attraction to the same sex (women) being purely romantic and not sexual at all... but recently i learned that this is not the case for me as i still had a lot more to learn about myself through experiences and stuff...

and what I have learned more recently i am not a bironmantic kinsey 1/2... I am a bisexual kinsey 2/3. However i find myself much more interested in the idea of being in a relationship with someone of the same female sex and the male gender. not saying i am looking to date a f/m trans man but I mean, I like womens bodies and how their minds work but at the same time I still like all those things associated with men like short hair and shirts and opening doors, and shivery and all that stuff... does that make sense?

so is there even a word to describe someone who is attracted to female bodies but the male gender?

if you do know please tell me... or if you can relate

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey childhooddream, welcome to EC. Whatever your attraction is it's absolutely fine and you'll definitely find people who could relate. (*hug*) Btw women come in different shapes, sizes and kinds so some of them have short hair, prefer wearing shirts and would be quite happy to open doors for you and stuff. :thumbsup:

3. childhooddream

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

thank you :slight_smile:

4. AlexTheGrey

Yeah, I don't think there is really a name for it. If there's a name for it, then it will probably be derogatory, more often than not. So I'm fine for leaving preferences as preferences.

5. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wrong section for this thread, but I'll answer anyway. You just described a attraction to masculine women. I'd say you are lesbian or bisexual that likes manly looking ladies. You don't need to be too specific about what kind of woman you want, just saying "I'm a lesbian/bisexual, but I like the masculine ones" is enough. If you already heard another (straight/bi) girls talking about men, you'll notice how much their tastes differ from each other, but all of them are into guys.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

You can actually find a cis woman that acts/looks the way you describe too.

7. thepandaboss

Believe me, loads of masculine women who'd work for you. My partner's kind of the same way. He's always preferred masculine identified partners in general. When he did date women, they were usually pretty masculine.

Me, I'm honestly more into traditionally feminine women myself but I know plenty of women out there who fit your description. Your ideal partner's definitely going to be someone who identifies as female but has a butch presentation. And believe it or not, that's not uncommon and there's plenty of butch women who aren't necessarily lesbian.