1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it gross to not shave your legs and other parts?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by juno14, Jun 25, 2015.

1. juno14

I'm a girl and the reason I stopped shaving my legs is cos men don't do it and I think it's a double standard. However, I used to shave them so the hair is now very dark and quite noticeable, and also almost every girl in my year shaves their legs. Are there any women on here who don't shave their legs? I want to oppose the sexism but at the same time I don't want to look gross. Also, how many of you on here don't shave your lady parts? Is it normal not to?

2. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

your funny:lol:. I don't shave at all welcome to the crew:icon_wink or the girly parts

3. siriuslypadfoot

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, not gross.

No Shave November got extremely out of hand.

4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah, not gross at all.
    Personally, I have thick hair, and wax it off because I was called names and bullied for it, but I don't mind going out in public having a little hair on my legs while it grows back long enough to wax. I don't see how people find it gross, it's not really unhygienic in any way

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's your choice. Period.

I see some feminine girls at my school yet... hairy as hell and don't shave.

I prefer no hair on my body aside from eyebrows and head, but to each their own.

6. Xander27

It is a double standard, so do you and congrats. I don't really shave anywhere anymore, though I do keep things trimmed in the pits and downstairs areas, really the only thing that's 'gross' is doing something you don't want to because society says you should.

7. BelleFromHell

Same here. I've never waxed before (although I probably would if I could afford to get it done professionally), but my leg and armpit hair grows very fast and it's much thicker than the hair on my head, unfortunately. I have to shave my leg hair every few days, and I shave my armpit hair even more often.

I personally prefer that my partner shave her legs, but if we were very close, it wouldn't make a difference. Leg hair can be clean as long as you wash it often.

The only hair that really bothers me is armpit hair. A lot of men and women (mostly men) don't even shave that, and it just grosses me out. Then again, I'm biased. I have very hairy and stinky armpits. I shave them often, and I have to apply deodorant several times a day. If I don't, I smell like a wet ass.

8. juno14

Wow thank you guys a lot for all the comments! Awesome, thanks for your help :slight_smile:

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Girl body hair is just fine and girls with hairy armpits are hot. <<I'm not kidding about that btw, I have a weird fetish :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

So long as you keep it clean, it doesn't matter to me.

Do what you want, because folks are sexiest when they are themselves, and radiate that self-love.

11. Lipstick Leuger

Not a weird fetish My wife LOVES it when I grow my underarm hair. She finds it sexy. I do it in the winter anyhow due to skin issues and cold dry air and it's nice to be love for it! LOL

12. CaillenJames

Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually had a coworker a few years back who didn't shave... and was quite open about it. She didn't shave her legs or armpits, but still wore shorts and tank tops. She got a lot of grief from other coworkers and our boss as well, but she never seemed to mind it. I don't think it's gross. I mean whatever floats your boat. I personally prefer girls who shave, but she claimed her boyfriend never complained about it. I guess it just depends on who you ask.

13. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't shave either unless I'm not wearing pants, which is pretty rare these days. Hairy legs are not a turn-off, It's more indifference.

For me I actually have different opinions depending on where the hair is:
    Armpits: Turn-off, prefer them shaved because it starts to smell
    Legs: Indifference. Can date women that are hairy or clean shaven.
    Genitals: Turn-on. I would never date someone with shaved crotch hair because I find it gross

14. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I shave my legs only because the hair makes me hotter in the summer, and I don't want to deal with my family's picking

Never shave the lady parts. I trim, but not shave

15. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm shaving because I want to. Philippines is a very warm country so hairy areas tends to smell fast.

16. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely not gross. It's a dumb double standard and you shouldn't shave if you don't want to. People will definitely notice though, and some people won't approve. Don't pay any attention to them. It's none of their business what you do with your own body.

17. Aura

I personally prefer to shave my legs, underarms, and "lady parts". But I have a friend who doesn't shave her legs and I really don't notice it at all but when I do I don't mind it. It's not hurting me or her so I see no problem. As for shaving the "lady parts" I don't think it's "normal" but I don't think it's "foreign" either. Maybe it's, half do and half don't but honestly I'm just making that up and really don't know.