1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with being trans girl and sports...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lonewolfblair, Jun 28, 2015.

1. lonewolfblair

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So my best friend (who knows i'm trans) is a member of a local field hockey team and she has told me to join (i have expressed intrest in field hockey) but i am afraid of a few things: a. The power of testosterone, which means if i take up a sport i will become fit and stronger, i don't mind being fit and strong but i don't want to be buff and i am afraid that exercise of any kind will increase testosterone levels in my body and cause my shoulders to broaden (they are about the same width of a female my height) and b. The fact that as a biological male i won't be allowed on the girls team even though i am trans which makes sense it would be unfair to place someone with testosterone on a team filled with estrogen and i remember reading on a report by BeyondBlue that in australia trans individuals are permitted to use the facilities they feel comfortable using but i am unsure if that extend to sports teams.

Oh and c. I am far to weak to be of any use to the boys team, well my best friend is fitter and stronger than me so i am unfit for both teams but the difference is much greater between me and the boys team and i would cause them to lose games not to mention boys rough house. (Fun fact: even though i fear pain i actually have a high pain threshold)