1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the makeup thread

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Anastaisa_Lynn_14, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i just wanted to put this up for anyone who has makeup questions like newly discovered trans girls, crossdressers, drag queens, drag kings. ect :slight_smile: hope yall have some good questions cuz i know i do lol. i might have this put up as a sticky thread

2. heandsheisme

Well, where can I get makeup cheaply and discreetly, and how do I makeup?

I'm stuck with my family until at least the end of the year, and they keep asking questions that I can't answer, so I have to be able to get stuff off quickly.

3. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well my go to makeup that is fast to take off is pencil eyeliner, its fairly cheap and you can take it off with a little bit of saliva and some sort of cloth like a dark t shirt or a washcloth. personaly i make my own makeup wipes by knitting or crocheting them and using a little bit of water or spit to take off the makeup, now if you want somthing more dramatic and girly you can get a quad of eyeshadow fairly cheap, i got an avon one at walmart for 3 dollars on sale.

brushes are optional, if you get one of those quads they usualy come with a cheap sponge which is good for a beginner, after you get really good with the pencil i would invest in a good liquid or gel liner, personaly i like gel better because it gets you a sharp clean line if you use it right. as for getting makeup discreetly i would go out to a nearby mall center that has a sephora, ulta, or mac store (be sure to bring at least 100 bucks if you can or just go to a walmart).

---------- Post added 29th Jun 2015 at 01:17 PM ----------

also if you want simple makeup tutorials youtube is gonna be your new best friend

4. heandsheisme

I'll have to look around since there are no nearby walmarts that I can walk to, but thanks for the tips! (*hug*) Are there any channels on youtube that you can recommend?

5. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well youtube is just loaded with tutorials for girls and boys but beware that transgirls have different faces then cis girls, so you need different tricks like a good concealer for the beard shadow etc.
    There are also some transgender make-up tutorials on youtube.
    I personally learned a lot from just trying it out in front of the mirror and see what you like best.
    In my case concealer, foundation, eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow are my basics and best friends.

6. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well some good channels would have to be autumn aphosdel, gigi gorgeous, diamond forever15, and ask a transsexual.

7. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    some good makeup you tubers are desi perkins, tanya burr, lauren curtis, and michelle phan

8. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Any tips for applying nail polish, and what brands do you guys recommend for good results?

9. unsureofmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sally Hansen is a pretty good brand. Expensive, but worthwhile. Also, if you want it to stay on for a while, make sure you put clear top coat over it. This can be bought in the same section as the nail polish, for around the same price :slight_smile:

10. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    when applying nail polish don't be to thrifty, when you apply it a bit thicker it dries way better.
    And of course make sure your nails are well manicured.
    any spills on your finger? just let it dry and you can scratch it away easily

11. Lazuri

Might I suggest adding lipstick and lip liner to that? Women have more pouty lips and you can achieve that look with those tools.

It's a little hard to explain in text, but what you basically do is that you put the brush down right in the middle of the nail with it pointed towards your hand. Then you slowly move it up towards the cuticles and leave a hairline between the cuticles and the polish before painting down towards your finger tips. That's the guideline and now that the middle is finished, you take the two sides. Always apply at least two layers and an under- and overcoat if you have them.

12. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    does anyone have some tips on putting extensions in shortish hair, like 3 or 4 inches of hair?

13. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone