1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to look androgynous with really feminine features?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by frankiecosmos, Jun 30, 2015.

1. frankiecosmos

Hi.

So, I'm recently exploring my gender, kind of, and my expression of it. As such, I have decided I feel much more comfortable when I come off as somewhat androgynous, and I want to start dressing more like that. I'm going to get my hair cut short but I have a very traditionally feminine face and build (female, petite, big eyes and all that stuff). How do I come off as gender-blurry?

I usually dress in skinny jeans and t-shirts but it's hot and I love skirts and I'm trying to get some flannel and stuff. I'm not sure. I've been trying out different contouring styles with makeup to accentuate my cheekbones etc, but none of it makes me look any less feminine. I don't feel uncomfortable with my body, I don't think, I just want to express myself as more androgynous.

Anyone here have experience with that or advice? It'd be much appreciated!!

2. MissMonster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I see a lot of women use print t's to kind of hide their body shape.. The short hair of course.. And Usually looser fittings jeans.. The skinny jeans make men's bottoms look womanly.. So ofc they will make yours look that way too! I also think accessories like beanies are put to good use.. You dont have to wear flannel.. In fact I think thats very muh overdone.

Let me know if anything is helpful to you! I dont dress male, but thats my type.. I absolutely love handsome adorable women. hope I helped a bit

3. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if it gets warm you could wear shorts and a loose fitting t shirt, a bit over-sized will help too

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Sorry don't know if this helps at all but lately, I've been getting into muscle tees. You can buy them at stores like Zumiez (if you have one near you) and probably elsewhere but you can also just make them by cutting the sleeves off a t-shirt.
    [​IMG]

5. frankiecosmos

Thank you all! I'll try getting some largeish jeans or shorts and maybe try out a muscle tank or two!