1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking down

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BobbyFabulous, Jul 1, 2015.

1. BobbyFabulous

I have been having a really tough time with my gender dysphoria because I seem to be shifiting to female more often instead of being in my odd middle ground where I don't care what gender I am, that's normally my default.

Today I was going about my day as normal, woke up as male and was fine but at about 3pm while at my desk I just switched to female. I clung to this purple plastic tiara I have hidden there and almost broke down because everything just felt wrong. I'm not even sure how to describe the feeling.

Luckily I had my fitness trainer and got to leave work a little early that helped for the workout session but as soon as I recovered it returned but I was home by that point so that helped.

I'm going on a cruise with my entire family in a couple of weeks and I think that is what is exacerbating my dysphoria because out of everyone in my family I have only come out to my sister as gender fluid and I think I'm going to have a hard time since I don't currently only ever present as male but I have my best friend I talk to daily to help me through this. I won't have that on the cruise and I think I'm slowly freaking myself out.

I also have no one at work I can talk to about this that I feel won't accidentally let others know and that's not making this any better. We have an LGBT and Alies organization at work but I'm so nervous about approaching them but I know if I do I could probably find some support at work.

just don't know what to do any more.

2. Posthuman666

I think that support group could help you a lot. Talking in real time will be helpful.

If you need anything, feel free to message :slight_smile:

3. BobbyFabulous

Thanks, it's been a tough month or so since I first started coming out. Really realizing where these feelings are coming from but not having a way to express myself as female during the times I am has been difficult especially since those days seem to be happening more frequently the last week or so.

I wish I could find some easy tips on how to present on those days or even if my dysphoria comes on in the middle of work, something little I could do that would help with that. Unfortunately since I'm 6'7" it always feels like an impossible task.

4. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this all sounds quite normal to me, why, just yesterday i went from male to female back to male. now i do understand that you arent out at work or very much to your family but maybe come out on your vacation, cuz then nobody will have the chance to freak out:slight_smile: but i know exactly where your coming from, im bigender so i switch almost every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day! feel free to message me and add me if you need someone to talk to, (im like really in need of people to talk to lol)

5. BobbyFabulous

The problem with coming out to my parents is that they are really deep in the catholic faith. When I told them I was an atheist they freaked out and still secretly talk to my sister about it. When my brother came out as gay they treated it like a phase and something that could be cured for about a year before they finally accepted it.

The problem with telling my brother is that he has always harassed me about everything and even though I'm asexual he always throws sex in my face even though he knows the conversations make me incredibly uncomfortable.

Oh and I can't direct message anyone since I'm a regular member but I would love to chat with yall.