1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to start?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BobbyFabulous, Jul 2, 2015.

1. BobbyFabulous

My gender dysphoria has gotten so bad lately that I want to really start finding little ways to battle it and start presenting as female during those times that I am female.

I've never done this without some elaborate costume where no one knows it is me at a convention that is accepting of that. But I have never really presented myself as female and i just feel lost on how to start.

I'm still only out to 4 people, my three best friends and my sister, so I'm not at a point where I feel I can shave or doing anything drastic but I'm just looking for small ideas that might help ease the dysphoria I've been feeling lately.

2. jewell

Maybe just panties possibly or girls socks, shaving spots that wouldn't be seen by anyone. When your able to do so sit like a girl maybe. listen to girl music on headphones. I think those are some fairly covert things hope it helps beautiful. <3

3. BobbyFabulous

Hi Jewell :slight_smile:

Thank you for the tips. I've been thinking about some clothing options and those are good ideas. I'm also trying to think of something that I could hide at my desk and put on when I 'm female. On Wednesday I started out male and about halfway through work I just switched to female and my gender dysphoria hit me like a ton of bricks. so I'm trying to find a couple of small things that I can kind of hide at work and put on if something like that happens again.

Since then I did come out at work to the co-chair of the lgbt and allies group so I at least have someone to talk to. He suggested maybe finding a couple of pieces of jewelry that I could wear like rings, necklace, or bracelets.

4. suninthesky

A lot of cisgender guys shave (like everyone on my Xc team) for many different reasons, I think if you wante to do that it wouldn't be too big of a deal.

You could grow your hair out- man bun doubling as versatile feminine style.

Maybe not at work, but you could use face masks. I use those and they make me feel weirdly feminine haha.

A feminine watch could be neat, you could have two and use whichever one you feel.

I wonder if even thinking could help alleviate dysphoria. While you're working you could start thinking about what you're going to do to express yourself when you're off of work.