1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Look More Feminine Before HRT

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Posthuman666, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

Hi all. So. I am 15 and the chances of me getting HRT is very low for the next few years. But I really want to present as female, at home at least. My school would never allow it. I am not yet out yet, but planing coming out very soon, within the next few days. I really want to be referred to by my female name, Aisling, and female pronouns. I also want to wear makeup and skirts and dresses and the like. My family is pretty conservative and catholic.Any tips?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I'll just write some tips, hope they'll help :slight_smile:

1) Grow your hair (if you haven't) and get your bangs to be over your face sideways, looks very feminine
    2) Wear baggy tops, e.g. baggy t-shirts instead of tight ones.
    3) Tights + a skirt can look so good <3 Do it! You can buy things online cheap and easy if your parents will let you (and help you with it). If you have a second hand store you could go there too, and if they ask you can say you're shopping for your gf if you don't want them to react weirdly
    4) Always shave every morning (face)
    5) Nail polish is awesome :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    6) Makeup can be nice, but don't put very much makeup on. (Also if you ask me, more natural colors work best at first)

3. Lazuri

To add to Becki's comment on nail polish; manicured nails in general looks very feminine and isn't very hard to do.

Another good tip is to trim your eyebrows to be a bit thinner and have that feminine arch. It actually does a lot.

4. Just Jess

One thing I learned about make up is that you want to draw attention to your eyes and nose, and away from the sides of your jaw. Brighter colors draw attention, darker colors detract. Also define your eyebrows well. Tweeze if it's an option, otherwise pinch 'em with a little bit of jell in your hands and contour the edges with make-up. You want your eyes to appear larger and not as sunk back in your head, so after you get your bright foundation around there, apply some mascara and then take a dark eyebrow pencil and make a very thin line on your top eyelid where it touches your lash toward the side of your head. Finally glossy colors for your lips, and contouring your foundation so that they are well defined and larger, helps a lot. If you can keep your hair long and get bangs, you can sweep them to the side when in "guy mode". Breasts help, get a bra that actually fits you first - A and B are just letters, don't be squeamish about this - and then stuff it with breastforms. Your pants or skirt should be worn so that if you had a belt it would be worn over your hips. And a belt will actually help. Your pants should be long enough to drag on the ground if you wear them like a guy. Loose, flowey shirts help until you have a rockin' bod. Every woman looks good in black. But do not ever be scared of colors or giving people gender clues, I love pink too. Finally, practicing a softer voice takes forever, but it helps a whole awful lot.

Good luck hon (*hug*)

---------- Post added 3rd Jul 2015 at 08:39 AM ----------

Crap the most important thing. Hair right? Ugh I hate facial hair. So for this, you will want a third foundation. This one should be really, really waxy. You want good coverage. Just the tiniest amount of blush - I used to go overboard with this and it was embarrassing, I looked sunburned - but just the tiniest amount around trouble spots like your upper lip. Then you are really going to have to cake on the waxy stuff. Don't worry you can still make it look natural, like you aren't wearing make-up. The goal here is to get the texture right. Once your skin looks smooth and you can't see hair poking through, then is when you want to use some of your other foundation on top and blend the colors together.

5. Lazuri

There are actually concealers specifically made to hide slight facial hair growth and the blue shadow that it is wont to make. I'd recommend those.