1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm being ignored when it comes to what i perfer with gender, help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MidnightStar, Jul 3, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm trying to figure out how to respond when I ask respectfully for a person to consider me gender fluid or use ask me and certain pronouns our of respect. But often times because all they can understand is I was born with female parts i'm female so they ignore me tell me they don't have to and consider me female or she. And their correct they don't have to, I don't wish to make a ignorant person do anything but I do hope I get some who understand. And I do wish to have some kind of come back or defense, because i'm sick of sitting around like a moron not being able to defend myself when needed because I have no words logical words to say.

2. seahawksfan6

Are these friends who disrespect you? If it's someone you know on a personal level, try to educate them on gender-identity and what it feels like to be non-binary. Send them youtube videos or something. (If they aren't your friends just forget about them and go find cool people) But bottom line is: sadly it's hard for people to respect what they don't understand :frowning2: