1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to start...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Abdadhie, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Abdadhie

Although I thought I was bi-gender I've been Identifying as female for about 2 months now, I've lost any connection with 'being a male' I ever had and every day I hate my body, as a biological male, so much so that I'm pretty sure I'm trans. Every day I just want to be out and living as a female.

So that begs the question, when is the best time to start the whole business of hormone therapy (Thats what its called right?). I assume the sooner I'm out and the sooner that I start the better? Should wait before I rush into anything?

Any advice appreciated, I just want to escape this hell & body I'm living in

2. randomconnorcon

I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but I know that in England - or in the clinic I'm hoping to go to, at least - there's a waiting list for an appointment with a gender therapist with a referral from a doctor. Then you have at least three appointments with said therapist while they ask about you and your life and such. This is spread out over the months, one or two between each appointment sometimes. Then it's a letter from them to a doctor for hormones. Then it's blood tests. Then hormones. How long that takes depends on the person and the shrinks/doctors.

Talking with the therapist is something you can look into straight away because talking to one might help you figure out everything else.

#2 randomconnorcon, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  3. Posthuman666

I am in a very similar position. I am trans and I really want to get HRT but Im also only 15. I need to come out first. That is my problem.

What Nathan said is pretty accurate from what Ive heard. HRT is not an instant thing, it takes time.

If you need anything feel free to message me

4. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

so that is how long it a take for hrt ?

5. Abdadhie

Okay thank you everyone :slight_smile: