1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Androgyny and stuff

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mihael, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello!

Is there anyone who shifted their gender expression to a more masculine one from femme, while not transitioning FtM? Anyone who became masculine of centre, butch, tomboy, androgynous (female- or genderqueer-identified)?

I figured it does the job for me (I id as a genderqueer female). And I guess the role of a feminine woman was what bugged me somehow, not being female in itself. I'm in the process of becoming and wonder if I'm alone in it.

---------- Post added 4th Jul 2015 at 10:57 AM ----------

Or were you always more tomboys than girly or neither of the two?

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was always much more tomboy.

3. Gratitude

Hi. I'm discovering, and I really like your question! I have never thought of myself as a girlie-girl, or a tomboy.It's been a sense of definite "masculinity" and attraction to a male role, although in spite of my body type, I also identify as quite feminine. It's been very confusing for me through much of my life. At the point now where I am really peaceful and happy with accepting my reality, whatever It's called. I think my comfort zone is more towards my masculine self, and that's when I feel most honest and genuine. But I still connect with, and value my female self, ...wow...I have trouble expressing this....sure wish I could sit down for a real life discussion with others going through this....but this forum is the next best thing! I hope some of that makes sense? :slight_smile:

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it'd be very nice to meet IRL someone who has a similar situation and talk about it. Thank God, there at least such forums in the web. I'd think I went insane if not for the web.

5. Gratitude

Emerry, I agree, that this is a great place to be. And really nice to meet you. :slight_smile:

6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice to meet you too :slight_smile:

7. enjeruciel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can assure you you're not alone. I am also a genderqueer female. I'm typically feminine but I have a strong masculine side that will need to be expressed at times, the urge is undeniable. I was always a Tom boy growing up and even though I dress up, wear makeup, and act feminine now, I feel lithe Tom boy has always been there and grew and evolved with my feminine identity. In other words the two coexist for me. However if I express myself as feminine for too long my masculine side becomes restless and forces itself out of me. I think I would ultimately prefer a more androgynous look for myself to better express my masculine side equally. However I do not have gender dysphoria and I have no desire to transition as transsexuals do to a male gender.

#7 enjeruciel, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I wasn't a tomboy. :frowning2: I didn't even know the concept. I ran a lot, climbed trees, shouted, fought with other children, played with frogs, worms, bugs... But there were plenty of girls lile me, and we played together and identified as very girly. I liked nice stuff too, like beads, bows, little animals, drawing... I dressed up quite much, liked dancing and music (I still do). I had a surface of a balerina and thought tomboys are just rough and don't like pretty thigs :frowning2: Just my interior was more adventure-directed.

Then puberty came and norms changed a lot. Then a more masculine identity started making sense, because I don't seem to fit in with many feminine norms and am uncomfortable receiving treatment as though I mirrored them. Presenting more masculine changes something at least + typically feminine clothes are often uncomfortable (in the practical sense).

9. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello?
    Anyone else?