1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this agender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Somewhen, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Somewhen

Out Status:
    All but family
    Several days ago, I posted about possibly being gender fluid. Since then, after taking the advice offered (essentially, just thinking!), I've decided that agender seems to fit me.
    I am AFAB and have hardly ever thought about being anything else (until about a week ago). Now, when I think about past experiences, it seems obvious that I was experiencing dysphoria. I don't feel "male", but now that I have started paying attention to myself, I notice a serious lack of comfort as a female. I'm not just a tomboy, although that does apply to some extent. My body makes me extremely uncomfortable, to the point where I cannot walk past mirrors without feeling horrible. Being referred to by female pronouns is nearly unbearable.
    I don't identify with any binary genders, which makes me think agender. Other non-binary genders don't seem to fit.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I have about one question for you: Do you feel like you don't have a gender/that you are gender neutral/like you don't care?

I can only give text-book feedback, sorry ^_^

Hopefully some agender or non-binary people can come and comment.

3. Somewhen

Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel like I have no gender/don't care.

4. ApexxShadow

Hey! So, with my experience with being agender, I feel a similar way. Speaking from experience, most of the time I feel genderless. I don't want to be in a male, or female body. I don't want to be confined to a binary gender. I basically feel as if I have no gender at all. It's a weird feeling.

You're the only one who can fully know, but I hope I helped. If you have any questions please ask :slight_smile:

5. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I concur with Taxoc and will also add something Owen said a while back which also resonates with my own experience:
    Basically, gender is an academic concept to me. I understand it intellectually but do not experience it myself.

Also, to add agender doesn't mean you have to act or dress gender neutral or have to use or prefer genderneutral pronouns. You can, but it's not a prerequisite.