1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is too soon?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Abdadhie, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Abdadhie

I know I've been posting a lot but this is playing on my mind and I really need a fair bit of advice.

I started to identify as female about a year ago, for about 2 months I was identifying as female. Then I started to identify as both male and female. It was around then that I started looking around (mainly on EC) and worked out that I was genderfluid. Until about two months ago I was identifying as genderfluid but then I started identifying as female full time. Over the last couple of days I started to get a lot of gender dysphoria and I realised that I'm trans. I don't want to be male, it hate it.

Personally I'm ready to come out to family and thus begin the journey to becoming a woman physically. Do you think I'm rushing it? I'm I being too fast. I just want to get out of this hell. :help:

2. Im Hazel

In your situation, you are not rushing it. Don't be hasty with the irreversible stuff, but discussing gender issues should be something that everybody does, at some point - cis or otherwise. Coming out to your family is not irreversible - you can even say it in a way which doesn't specify labels (eg. "Dad, do you ever feel like a woman?", or, "Mum, is it normal to hate being male?" And then you'd go on and explain and stuff...) You don't necessarily have to do anything that you can't go back on at this point. The physical transition process is a long one, and you will be blocked at various points by various people. It is never too soon to start, because the journey is a long one.

3. ThroughTheMist

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a similar experience. I started questioning my gender this past November, and over the past few days, my dysphoria has skyrocketed. I've finally admitted to myself that I am trans, and now I just want out of this confining closet. I want to wait to come out until after this next semester of school is paid for, in case all hell breaks loose when I do come out, but I don't know if I can hold out that long. I'm afraid I'll end up coming out in a way I don't intend. I don't think saying "Shut up, mom. I'm trans," is going to go over well at all. I'd rather come out in a more thoughtful and respectful way.

I'm afraid I can't offer much in the way of advice. Just know you're not alone, and there is no "right" way to be trans.

4. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

just can't wait to be a boy that is the only goal I have

5. Posthuman666

You are not rushing things. I have only recently realized I'm trans and I am coming out soon.