1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad confused angry hopeless babbling

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ATtappman, Jul 5, 2015.

1. ATtappman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I talked with my mom today about dressing like a man 24-7.

I hated it. I hated every second of that conversation more than I 've hated almost anything else ever.

She (obviously) was confused, which I think came out a little bit as her being kind of angry with me... She kept focusing on the dress-clothes aspect of it. I told her I wanted to wear the guy's concert dress uniform to band concerts (Black button-down, red tie, dress shoes, etc..) she just kept asking, "Why are you so obsessed with the tie, why do you need to wear a tie?"

I kept trying to explain to her that I'm not a different person- I still identify as female, I still have the same preferences, same mannerisms, etc... I tried to use butch lesbians as an example (i.e., dress like dudes, identify as females)... She was still confused, and she kept going back to the tie- she was like "Why do you need to wear a tie if you're not trans? How are you not trans if you have this compulsive need to wear clothes ONLY from the men's section?"

I just had such a hard time explaining it... What she took away at first was that I just wanted to wear less fitted clothing, but then when I tried to explain it better she insisted that it was all in my head that I just HAD to wear clothes labeled for men, and that if I would just have an open mind and tried OTHER women's clothes... god, I just hated it.

At the end, she basically said "I'm fine with this but I don't want to help you shop- I don't want any part of it. you'll have to talk to your dad. - You're just going to get all impatient and mean to me just like you always do. I'm not mad at you, I just can't go through with that." I tried to tell her that I had always been frustrated and moody when shopping for clothes because they were WOMEN'S clothes, to which she replied that that didn't make a difference- it would still be the same.

I just... don't know... what to do anymore. I feel like I can't go through with it... I'm having doubts... This whole thing just makes me hate myself and feel terribly ill-adjusted and not normal and... awful. I'm sorry for being who I am, I guess. which I know is incredibly stupid.. I'm also sorry for writing this post. it too, Is incredibly stupid. and I'm sorry if there are a bunch of typos- I couldn't bring myself to proof-read. I just need someone to tell me I'm not... like, a bad person. and that I'm going to be alright, I guess. although I don't assume anyone will actually reply to this (I don't tend to get a lot of responses). Anyway... sorry. :icon_sad: