1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going out.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jewell, Jul 8, 2015.

1. jewell

I've gone out a few times but always to the gay bar because it feels safe and people are tolerant. Was feeling really good about myself and thought i would go out, but my gay bar was closed down forever it seems. So after i sat there for a bit i asked a girl who seemed to be looking for it if she new and her boyfriend asked "what did he say" and she replied "he was looking for the gay bar" so I sat there and cried a bit.
    After I pulled myself together I ended up going to a karaoke bar that was pretty slow and found a seat facing the corner. but some sorority girls found me and laughed and took pictures. It was a fairly sad night I thought I would be passable enough to be left alone at least if i didn't talk and sat alone.
    I'm sry to post this here I know its more of a blog entry type of thing but i wanted to talk about it.

2. Posthuman666

(*hug*) That must have been hard. That is one of the biggest problems of being trans, people take us as a joke.

3. RoseLalonde

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really sorry that happened. Stay strong, things will get better.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    You'll pass better in time. There are things you can do now too, to help you pass a little better, but passing really well maybe isn't practisable right now. I know the feeling.

Just try not to let them get to you if you can. I know that's hard, but try.

Hope you're doing fine.

hugs

5. jewell

thank you all :slight_smile:

6. Gratitude

Hugs to you. I expect these disrespectful people will one day wish they could get a "rewind" on that, but regardless Jewell, you are so kind and supportive here, and all that positive is sure to come back to you!
    PS....Do you like to sing?

7. Lazuri

This is basically the result of "she's a dude" being the punchline of too many jokes in movies and shows. I'm really sorry, you had to experience that. But you know what they say; whatever doesn't kill you better run the fuck away.

8. jewell

I love to sing and i even tried to at the karaoke I did heart of glass by blondie.

9. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (*hug*) That sounds painful jewell. Sorry about how they made you feel.

I really wish people would just accept one another. Do you think they would have reacted the same way if they knew it would hurt you so much? If yes, then they really aren't worth dwelling on and you shouldn't give them life. And if no, then it's good to know that there are at least a few accepting people in this world.

I at least hope talking about this has helped. That usually helps me get through painful experiences. You're not alone.