1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Hanes make female underwear?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BluhImCourtney, Jul 8, 2015.

1. BluhImCourtney

So yeah, I had the first day of summer school today, and it was okay... personalized learning experiences depending on what subject the student needed to learn.

But the reason it's in this section is because... well... a couple minutes into the class, someone came in late. For the purpose of this thread let's call them Riley, and I am fairly certain they are biologically female.

So Riley came in, and they had really short hair, a shirt that looked kind of gender neutral, and what looked like black cargo pants. And I know girls don't have to wear makeup, but... eh. ._. (I'm not too crazy about it myself)

Overall, the way they carried themselves and the vibe I got was... kind of boyish, if that makes sense? This probably sounds really stupid... =_=

And after introducing themselves to the teacher, they sat down at the seat right next to me. Now currently, I'm pretty androgynous looking, and I may have accidentally wore my new glasses (which were from the female section) to school... and even after they had to go away another seat because the laptop wasn't working, I think they were still stealing glances... maybe they felt... safe near someone who seemed gender-neutral?

Now here's the part that explains the title, and partially why I wanted to post here in the first place.

At one point, their shirt had ridden up and exposed a little bit of their underwear, and I wasn't staring or anything, but something caught my eye... (and even then I only glanced at it for a milisecond. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

On the band, it had the name "HANES" across it.

Now, being forced to wear male underwear for 15 or so years, I knew that Hanes was a brand name for male underwear. So, when I got home, I looked up if Hanes also made panties and the like...

Turns out, they do. ._.

BUT.

But. I looked on their website, and did not find a color that matches the color of theirs, and has a band at the same time.

And I'm fairly certain it matches a color from the men's section.

So anyways, this is also the reason I'm posting this... as I don't like to be nosy or assume things, u wouldn't outright ask them. Buuuuut... as I reached into my backpack to pull out my calculator, my hand brushed against a brochure...

The brochure I got the first time I went to my LGBT center and just stuffed it into my backpack and forgot about it. ._.

So... I was thinking of handing them the brochure... just as a friendly gesture or something... what do you guys think? Can't hurt, right...?

2. Cedar

Just going to throw this out there, you can check out their(Hanes) selection online.

3. BluhImCourtney

Uh. Yeah. Totally didn't do that already.

4. Lipstick Leuger

Yes. I wear them. They make all sorts of cuts. Hipsters, bikini, brief.....

5. BluhImCourtney

... so people are just going to read the title and not the actual entry? This is what I get for calling it that, I guess... ._.

6. Cedar

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself(online stuff yay!)

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2015 at 04:56 PM ----------

Though to the point, you might want to try to get to know this person a little better before giving them the brochure. You never know how they might react.

7. BluhImCourtney

Yeah, okay...

But like...

SHOULD I GIVE THEM THE FREAKING BROCHURE OR NOT. O_O

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2015 at 09:00 PM ----------

Well that was weird. I sent that before my page refreshed, so I didn't see your added post...

But it duplicated itself. ._.

And yeah... I know they might not react well... and I'm probably going to wait a couple weeks, but... they just seem kinda lost, and I just thought maybe if I just handed them a brochure saying something like, "By the way, blah blah blah, you don't have to come, only if you want to," or something... just to reach out, you know? ._.

8. Cedar

The least you could do is say hi, you know? What would be the harm? Maybe it might be a good thing to know each other. ^_^

9. BluhImCourtney

Yeah, and I want to say hi, and they seem nice... but well... I'm not really good with strangers, even if I want to be their friend. :\

That and I'm pretty sure we're not really allowed to talk during summer school. Which is why I was thinking, "hey, brochure..."

10. Cedar

You're not allowed? That's a shame. Maybe try talking to them in the hallway?

11. BluhImCourtney

Actually, I think I'm going to try to say hi tomorrow before class starts, if they get there early enough... I'm really nervous about it, though... ;<;

12. Cedar

That's the spirit! You can do it!