1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont know what to do!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TheHatter, Jul 9, 2015.

1. TheHatter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    A year or so ago I realized I liked guys, so I came out as bisexual to my family, but ive been thinking and discovering new things about myself, and i think I'm transgender, Ive felt like i wanted to be a girl since quite a young age but I never knew what to call it until recently, and I realized those feelings were still extremely still there. I'm not sure what I should do or how I should address it. I'm nervous, and Ive only told my friend who's name I wont give here about this. I could really, really use some advice. :confused:

2. Lazuri

Well, the first step should almost always be to speak with a gender therapist. I can give you advice on lots of stuff though. Is there anything in specific that you wanna know?

3. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is very close to what I experined when I first started to realize that I am more of a girl than a boy. I started by experimenting with girls underwear, it was mostly a turn on at the start, but soon very strong feelings started coming forward. After realizing my habits and sence of place had shifted I started buying dresses (there so cute). Deep down I knew something was different about me. Before I stumbled on EC I was kinda lost and unsure, but now I am in prospective. I am okay with being trans, I just want to be me.

Seeing a tharipst is great way to start T. If you have access to one through work or school I would suggest trying to make a meeting. Just be prepared to spill the beans to that person. Talking it over really helps.

Best of luck. (*hug*)

4. TheHatter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you all so much for your advice, I already see a therapist for unrelated stuff and I think talking to her might help, as for anything specific I would like to know is this: I am faced with a great difficulty, my grandparents (who I live with) are conservative, christian fundamentalists, Im scared if I tell they will, well, t put it bluntly, lose their shit. Im scared I might not have somewhere to live if I come out but its hard to not say anything because I dont feel right like this.

5. Lazuri

Unfortunately, your safety should be top priority and if you fear your safety might be compromised by telling them, then don't.

I'd try to gauge their tolerance by discussing trans topics. Caitlyn Jenner has been kind enough to provide plenty of those lately.

6. TheHatter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you, youve been really helpful, I will look up this Caitlyn Jenner as soon as I can and talk about her to my family to gauge their reaction. Im really grateful for your advice and I will try and keep updated on the forum if anything major happens.