1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh My God!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by randomconnorcon, Jul 10, 2015.

1. randomconnorcon

I AM ON A LIST TO BE SENT A CATALOGUE TO GET A FREE BINDER!!!

A binder. For me. Finally. Man, that feels good to think about.

So if you're not in the UK, you may not know about this not for profit LGBT+ organization that receives donated (in good condition) binders and then give them out to FTM/trans masculine individuals and all you have to pay is shipping, which is like £3.

I sent them an email this morning and they got back to me saying that due to high demand I missed July's (and it's only the 10th what!). So I get a catalogue on August 1st. Which kind of sucks a little because Pride is August 1st and I wanted a binder for that. BUT I was initially going to wait until I was back in uni to pay a fuck load for one even though I can't really afford to, so as long as I have one before uni starts I really don't mind. PLUS I'll probably have it by the time this night out with my friends has been planned, which will be awesome because my shirts will look so much better. (I hope.)

Ah, I'm just a little excited. Nervous, too, about what my family might say, not being out and all. But whatever, I'll deal with that later. Also, my friends - only one of them knows, so I'll have to deal with that, too. But I don't feel anxious telling them, they only don't know because it's never come up in conversation.

Oh. News. I came out to my cousin yesterday. It wasn't even a planned thing. We tell each other everything without even really meaning to. So gender and sexuality came up in conversation and she got to genderfluidity and I was like "me, yeah... don't tell anyone." And then she told me a secret and then we started talking about that and other related things out loud, while inside we were both thinking "did I... did I just say that? Really? Did I, you know, come out? Did it happen?" Because we're both the most chill people in our families and it takes us time to realize that what we've said is actually kind of a big deal when we've never said it out loud to a family member before.

Good times.

2. Void Puppy

Congrats! I can't help but imagine you waiting excitedly for a binder:
    [​IMG]

In all seriousness I'm happy for you

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I'm so happy for you man!

I've just been trying to figure out how to get a binder, but it's a bit different in the US... Apparently all the donation organizations have extremely long waiting lists for trans-guys to get a binder. :|

It's awesome that you've got a friend to support you.

Awesome.
    -Peter-

4. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

It's MORF, isn't it? I'm on their list too(I missed July too, and since I'm from Denmark, it costs £5 for me, but never mind), and I can't wait to get my binder either! I'm really happy that you're getting a binder - it's gonna help against dysphoria a lot!

5. randomconnorcon

AndySammy: MORF! Yes! We can wait together. It will kick dysphoria's ass a bit, which is always good. Also, cool name.

Peter: Check out MORF. I mean, I don't know how much shipping will cost for you, but they ship worldwide (I think), so it might be worth checking out if you want. Though August 1st if you email now, so it's still a bit of a wait.

Also, is that Aaron Taylor Johnson I see? :grin:

Void Puppy: Nah, that kind of binder excitement comes in September. Oh yeah. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks.

6. awerosie

They didn't used to be that expensive so I did a quick google search. What type are you talking about? Just the tanks full compression shirts or what?

7. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

We can! It's a long waiting time, though, to August.
    Thanks! Took me a lot of time to decide on it. I love the name Connor! It kinda reminds me of Connor Franta(if you don't know him, you should totally check him out), and Franta are amazing!

8. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome lol too bad they don't do gaffs for trans women

9. randomconnorcon

awerosie: It depends on where you get them and which ones you get. The cheapest I've seen is £20-30, which is not a whole lot if you're not a struggling student who can only live on a bit of government money because no one has given him a job (yet). But there's shipping and shipping from US (where the majority of the good binders everyone talk about seem to be) to the UK can be so much, which I can't pay. So yay for MORF.

AndySammy: I love Connor Franta. He's not how I chose the name, but I don't hate that we share it. :grin: (I am Connor Samuel and my uncle's name is Andrew, so I totally thumbs up the name.) Yeah, August is quite a wait, but I got working out and pride to keep me occupied. I think that'll help. Do you have anything?

bpmjunkie14: Yeah, if only. Is there anywhere you can look?

10. AndySammy

AndySammy Guest

I don't have anything, unfortunately, we don't have that stuff in Denmark :/ But I guess I'll be okay.

11. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know, I actually have no idea who my avatar is. All I thought when I saw it was "Oooh cool guy smoking."

I will check out MORF. August sounds way better than next year though, which is how long I have to wait with InABind (basically the US equivalent of MORF). I also figured out that I could get a free binder if I bought a t-shirt from the "Point 5cc" clothing company. But their shirts cost $28 and it would be still 6-8 weeks for me to get the binder. UGGGGHHHHH.

12. randomconnorcon

It is Aaron Taylor Johnson. It's a little hard to tell with the smoke, but then I take a closer look at his hair and I'd recognize it anywhere... because he is the Tumblr face claim for James Potter I. Nerd alert. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah, I saw point5cc's as well. Almost bought a t-shirt.. then I remembered I only have £10 ($15.52). Again, I don't know how much shipping will cost you, but MORF email you a catalogue and you choose your binder and when you've paid shipping they try to send it out within the week.