1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HRT, fat distribution and diet..?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Invidia, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi! I wondered, when I start HRT, I want all the goodies of course ^_^
    Big boobs, ass, nice hips etc.

So what food is good to eat to get that? Should I eat some fatty/oily foods like cooking oil, avocadoes etc.?

PS. I'm skinny. I'm vegan also but advice on e.g. fat fish is welcome of course, not every reader is vegan of course ^.~

PPS. I know genetics also plays a big part!

Thanks!

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm a cis person who went up two cup sizes in just a year, and all it took was being a lazy fatass eating fatty junk food for me. Don't know if I'd recommend it though, since I don't consider myself healthy LOL

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Thanks a lot! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Yeah eating a lot can help I guess! I'll do that probably ^_^

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure how much changing your diet will affect your hormone levels, since I'm under the assumption it works the same way for transguys--that if there is a difference, it's subtle and insignificant.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Thanks Daydreamer!

I meant more in the sense that if I want my parts nice and all I have to have some fat to redistribute and distribute... right now I have some fat in my diet but little on my bod ^_^ So I was wondering about good foods to eat so that fat can be distributed to the right places.

6. Fentrion

I'm curious about this too, and I have done a little research on the matter.

-I would tell you to avoid eating meat for 1-2 years, roughly until you get acceptable results. You said you're vegan, so that should not be a problem. Meat seems to trigger testesterone production.

-Eat lots of soy products.

-Perform exercises that burn fat around your stomach. Brazillian butt lift seems like a good one, you can look it up. Here is something you could find useful:

MtF exercises?

There should be plenty of MTF exercises on youtube.

-Yoga is extremely helpful, but it requires intense dedication.

-Anohter idea that I can tell you of, is trying to shape your body with a mental image of your "ideal body". It has already been confirmed that it is possible to increase muscle strength by performing "exercises" in your mind.

Muscle Strength Is in the Mind - The Atlantic

This could be far-fetched but, you can take that even further and try to mentally redistribute the fat in your body to acquire a more "feminine" appearance. It could work, especially if you do this in addition to diet and exercise.

In this context it is fortunate that you're only 19 right now. Your body still has not finished developing, which will help you acquire the appearance you desire.

You probably feel dysphoria right now, but I humbly recommend that you love yourself and think of your body as a gift. I don't know what you think about metaphysics, but I believe trans people offer very peculiar and valuable contributions to our collective consciousness.

#6 Fentrion, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  7. Lazuri

To build on the whole "exercise" bit. I think one of the better things to do once on hormones is to exercise off as much fat as possible. This is because your body is going to stop distributing fat into typically male areas, so exercising will burn off those areas fairly quickly.

I think it will yield quicker results and once you're starting to see a difference, you can start to pig out a bit. I'd probably never stop exercising though, I think that will always be important.

Also, we Swedes do usually get the option to include breast implants in our transitions. Dunno if it's something you want, but it's on the table.

8. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is super helpful, thanks.

I don't think I'm over weight or unhealty by any stretch. I really need to start doing a lot of these exersizes, but I'm not the most motivated person when it comes to working out. My goal for transtioning is to have slender stomach without having it looking like I need a hamburger.

I would like to have around a B cup breast size as that is what I think would look the best, and that is the size of all my bras. My chest feels so flat and empty as it is. Breasts would feel great.

I think swimming might be a really good option for me once I shave again or get laser hair removal. A trip to the spaw might really help with that.

I can finally see all of this coming together, I'm so execited. :slight_smile:

9. Invidia

Invidia Guest

So many great responses! Thanks everyone!

I'm still wondering though, is there any kind of food in particular that's good to eat? High fat? High calorie?

I will also do what you said, @Lazuri, and train a bit extra to burn fat from shoulders and so on. Away with'ye! :slight_smile: I'm kind of doing that now to some extent I guess, I'm only running and training my lower body I guess. But it'll be a lot easier when on HRT, obviously.
    And yeah, I want at least a B-cup, which I'm hoping HRT will take care of, but if I want bigger, perhaps a C-cup (not D, though), I'll consider implants.

@Fentrion: Yes, meat certainly won't be a problem! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And vegans pretty much always eat lots of soy! And I do too. As sauce on rice, in meat-substitute products, everywhere ^_^
    Thanks for all the advice, I'll look at those links!
    And I found your last paragraph very beautiful :') I do have intense self-hatred, largely because of my body. But yeah, I try to give myself some cred and so on when I feel I can. And I do think trans people have a lot to contribute to our collective consciousness :slight_smile:
    EDIT: Also, that article about muscle strength was fascinating. Indeed, muscle strength is mathematically calculated by number of action potentials per number of muscle fibers, if I'm not mistaken (length of muscle fibers also plays a part), or X/Y. In other words, the muscle fibers are dependent on the willpower you project from your brain into your muscles.

#9 Invidia, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  10. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Are inplants healthy over a long period of time? I think I would rather have natureal breasts even if there not that large.

11. Thessa Blossom

I think it depends on the product, there are different fillings (saline or silicone) and build quality.

My Ex has implants with saline (as far as I remember) since almost 20years now and to my knowledge no problem with them.

I personally would also prefer all nature and if I examine my cis female relatives, I have a good chance of filling the cups quite good.
    Without HRT I can already fill small cups and it feels so good. :icon_bigg

12. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I'll stick to the real thing. :eek:

There's no way of knowing what kind of implants they would be using, and the idea of getting cancer or it leaking would be less than ideal. I think i might be around a small A cup without HTR. I'v been told I have man boobs. :lol:

As long as you drink lots of milk and massage them they should grow once you start HRT.

13. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay some stuff to keep in mind here: Too much soy can mess with your hormone levels. It can cause problems if you are already on hormones, so be careful! Make sure to get your blood levels monitored regularly. If you are on a testosterone blocker that is a potassium sparing diuretic then avoid foods high in potassium. Bananas and lima beans for example could cause problems. At your age you should have pretty good results. Just make sure to eat healthy and you should be just fine. People like me who start HRT later tend to get less positive results. I started in my late twenties and while I am not curvaceous it hasn't been too bad. Genetics plays a role. Look at your family members and go a size or two down in cup size and that should be pretty accurate as to what to expect.

14. Invidia

Invidia Guest

@alwaysforever Okay thanks! <3