1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seasonal Dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Entrian, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone else experience this?

I'd like to think of myself as someone who doesn't experience much dysphoria, but in actuality I do! Just only during certain times of the year. It gets really bad during the summer and middle of winter, with not much in between other than situationally. However, my brother-in-law confessed to me that he experiences dysphoria pretty much non-stop since he came out, but not very much before he did.

I guess my main question is, how does your dysphoria (if you experience it) tend to play out. More in some situations than others? Seasonally? All the time?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine just sort of comes and goes. There really is not much of a pattern to it. I used to have it more around my cycle (for obvious reasons), but now that I don't have that anymore there is not much of a pattern to it.

3. wasgij

Don't know, but there's all that commercial pressure to get fit and look good for summer, and purchase gym memberships and new-new fake fashion, I guess that could have an effect.

4. Abdadhie

I get it fairly off and on. For example, I had it pretty bad 2 & 3 days ago, it was fine yesterday and its been off and on today.

I don't have it 'seasonally' though. I guess everyone is different...

5. Vine

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am always dysphoric in varying degrees, but it does seem to wax and wain with the fullness of the moon, actually. The full moon hits me hard, and can create a nearly untenable situation between my body and soul. I have no clue as to exactly why this might be, but I do find it kind of an interesting phenomenon... The specific seasons do not seem to have any tangible effect, however, at least as far as I have been able to recognize.

6. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't think I have much dysphoria, but I think I can feel some during the summer as I have shave my legs. It mostly comes from wearing boys cloths in public, not wearing lipgloss, and short shorts feels wrong. I also feel like I'm missing breasts on my chest. Also not being able to wear a bra in public doesn't help. :/