1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Appearance and Gender Expression

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RangerofEriador, Jul 11, 2015.

1. RangerofEriador

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so if you read my introduction in the welcome lounge, but if not I will repeat it here, but keep it brief.
    I am a 17 year old girl, but I am stuck in a male body. I have known I was a girl my whole life, but in the past I was deeply uncomfortable with it, and tried to convince myself I was male, even though I am definitely female. About two years ago I told my three best friends that I am female and they fully excepted me as such. They treat me like any other girl, they refer to me as female, and call me by my actual name, which is Maya, instead of what people tell me is my name. As far as they are concerned being a girl is the only context in which they have ever known me. My Mom and sister and my sisters fiance also know I am a girl, and they are trying to accept it, but are really struggling with it. None of the rest of my family is aware that I am female. I am from a conservative Christian family. I myself am an extremely devout Christian, but unlike my family I realize that there is nothing wrong with me from a moral or ethical or mental health standpoint. Actually there is a lot wrong with me from a mental health standpoint, but it is entirely unrelated to my gender identity.
    Because of my family I do not feel comfortable cross dressing at this stage in my life, but I BADLY want too. When I am out of the house I will be more comfortable doing this, and will almost certainely do it. But at this stage in my life, I don't feel like its an option. However if there are more subtle ways of changing my appearance to be at least slightly more feminine, or at the very least gender neutral I would like to do that, until I can really dress and groom myself the way I want when I move out of the house. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you in advance!

#1 RangerofEriador, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  2. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If your concerned about people finding out I might suggest you start with just underwear. Any unisex store works for buying them or you can go with a friend too a more feminine store. I started crossdressing by buying panties, totally worth. I wear panties 24/7 now, and have never looked back. Buying more androgynous clothing can work as well.

Shaving and doing manicure on your nails is a good but subtle way to look more feminine. I just did my nails again today and they turned out good with only a nail clipper and some polish.

Best of luck in your journey.

3. heandsheisme

I will have to agree. I started with panties, a three pack I bought from thinkgeek, these days I wear panties almost exclusively, even as Alex. As long as you do not make a big deal about it, most of the store clerks will not care. Believe me, you bringing some women's underwear up to the counter will be one of the least weird things they will have seen that day.

If you don't feel comfortable going out alone, ask a few of your friends. Hanging out with friends is also a great stress reliever. I am actually kind of jealous because I have no female friends who can really help me at all, but if you do get their help, I would say try to return the favor somehow.

I am also a dedicated, go to church every Sunday Christian, so if you ever want to talk faith, or really anything at all, I am able to listen.

I hope you have a wonderful day! (*hug*)