1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports bras as inconspicuous binders??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ErickWolf, Jul 12, 2015.

1. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I only wear sports bras, for a combination of comfort and the fact that the right ones work as fairly comfortable binders. And my mom doesn't even know she's buying me "binders" lol!

Well anyway, I love them and it works pretty good, but I also don't like the fact that it's really hard to find ones that aren't made to 'add shape' because that's exactly what I don't want. And some of them ride up too much.

Can anyone suggest sports bras that are the next best thing to binders? And please no really expensive ones. $20-20 is the maximum either me or my mom would be willing to pay, and I can't exactly ask her to help me shop for binders because she'd blow a gasket, probably. Thanks in advance!

2. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not FTM, but I think I can draw a comparison for sports bras. I feel dysphoria when I'm not wearing a bra. I think a cupless sports bra might be good for when I'm in public to wear under my tshirts. I think most good quality sports bras cost about $25-30.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/pink/vs-sport-bras Not sure what stores are in your location but I think most chain stores should have consistent stock.

3. thepandaboss

Underworks offers one that's good for binding but it's advertised in such a way that your mom would just think it's a really good athletic sports binder. Extreme MagiCotton Sports and Binding Bra - Underworks

---------- Post added 12th Jul 2015 at 04:21 PM ----------

And here's how you get your mom to order a sports bra online. You say "Rhonda" (or some girl you go to school with) "is a d cup and she says it's awesome for gym class".

4. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The high impact danskin sport bras work pretty well and they cost $6-$12.

5. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys, I'll check those out. And I love that Underworks one if I could get it! I'll have to try what you said, Panda. ^^

6. leeloodallas

Out Status:
    Some people
    Nike has some that are extremely compressing but you have to look for them on sale otherwise they're a bit more expensive. But they are reallly amazing