1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right gender - wrong genitals?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Evening, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Evening

Hi guys! Im happy to discover this forum, im not a native english speaker so i appologize in advance for the mistakes that might occure.

Now to the point. I want to ask the question that has been bugging me for many years. I am an attractive female and i am happy with my face, hands, legs, breasts, etc, but.. not the vagina. When i go to the shower or look in the mirror there is something else i want to see instead of it. When i wake up and put my hands inside of a pijama, there is something else i want to find there.

I keep pushing these thoughts away but they are coming back. There was a phase when i thought im ftm, i read faqs and forums and realized - its not me! The idea of growing facial hair and muscles or getting rid of my breasts literally freaked me out.

One day id dress in a unisex style and the other one pretty feminine. I enjoy both and i feel comfortable to be referred as a woman. But whenever i see my genitalia, it just doesnt feel right. Of course i have learned to live with it but still.. dealing with this issue on a daily basis is tyring.

Has anybody been in this situation? Has anybody on earth felt this way?

2. starm

The area you are talking about is the vulva, as the vagina is inside the body. Are anything wrong with the external genitals?(vulva)

3. Evening

Hi:wink: and thank you for the correction. There is nothing wrong with my genitals. They are 100% feminine and fuctioning:slight_smile:

4. BluhImCourtney

Well, the penis and clitoris are the same thing, and the vulva is the same as the scrotum, and they just took different forms during birth due to hormones in the womb, I guess.

So maybe your brain was wired to receive estrogen to trigger the secondary female sex characteristics (ie breasts and hips), but was also wired to have genitalia of a different shape?

I probably sound like a crazy person, I'm not really good at explaining things sometimes... ._.

5. starm

Right. The vulva and vagina (or entire female genitals) has higher maintenance then males. The vagina can be touched by finger, but it's not recommended to due to sharp fingernails(it might cause it to bleed.

6. BluhImCourtney

I do have to add, though, ftm bottom surgery is a little iffy right now, and even then, you said you were fine being female, just not with a vagina.

Maybe your brain was wired something like a trans woman who doesn't have genital dysphoria?

Eh. Just a thought. ._.

7. Evening

I do get what you are saying about my brain being wired..maybe. i assume what i have cant be called gender dysphoria but genital dysphoria, right? What i know for sure is that if i had a chance to do get a bottom surgery, i would jump at this oportunity straight away. but i have to put up with the fact that its just not possible.

I have been trying to find more information about the so called "genital dysphoria" but there isnt much out there. When it comes to dysphoria, people talk in male/female body categories. it just leaves me wondering, am i the only human being experiencing this kind of gender issue?

8. BluhImCourtney

Probably not. As I said, some trans women don't find a problem with their genitals; it doesn't make them less female than anyone else who has a vagina or is going to get one through surgery.

Genital Dysphoria is usually only seen as part of gender dysphoria, but I guess it can affect some cis people, too.

---------- Post added 16th Jul 2015 at 06:24 PM ----------

Just to point out, gender is in your head, sex is in your pants, so you can be female, yes, and still get genital dysphoria with a biological vagina.

9. RainbowBright

Women can certainly touch their own vaginas. I don't know where you get this idea that it's "not recommended." Women put fingers in their own vagina every day for masturbation, or to insert tampons. Other people put fingers in a woman's vagina for sex. As long as you are careful, or have smooth clipped fingernails, it is no problem whatsoever.

I don't know what you mean that the vulva and vagina have higher maintenance. How? During one's period, that is definitely true, but the rest of the time, all you need to do is periodically wash to stay clean, just like a male has to. There is no other "maintenance."