1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will someone talk about being Bigender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by StanOWar, Jul 16, 2015.

1. StanOWar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    With me? Please? :help:

I think I might be it. But I don't quite understand it and I'm very new here and don't really know anybody. So um...will someone help me out?

2. randomconnorcon

I'm not bigender. Well, I don't identify as bigender, but my gender moves between two primarily. I'm always around if you ever wanna talk about it (or anything).

3. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello! I am bigender, I'm happy to help - what do you want to know?

4. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there :slight_smile: Don't worry, we all feel confused at first. You're welcome to give me a message any time <3

5. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    @IvorySteel changing your pronouns in your signature is a good idea

6. StanOWar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sorry everybody I missed your responses I was sent to get dinner...

Well I guess I started identifying with genderfluid because of the fluid in the name and that's how I felt at the time but the more I hear about bigender the more it sounds I guess like me.

Also I rarely like to be called "they" and prefer alternating pronouns. That seems more like a genderfluid thing rather than a bigender thing (just in general I've noticed that. Not to say all genderfluids like they and all bigenders don't like it.)

Does Bigender have to be strictly male and female? Can I feel like female and then like a masculine middle gender or something instead is my biggest question. Also I almost always feel like both. I do have more masculine days and more feminine days, but I'm not sure I'm ever completely one or the other and I know I'm never neither.

The thing is it feels like two very distinct genders and isn't that bigender regardless of how long or whether it's together or not? Isn't genderfluid more of a range? I'm just very confused...:confused:

Edit: I wanna try the Pronoun thing! That's such a great idea!

#6 StanOWar, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  7. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree, I've used "they" for the last few months, when I first came out as just non-binary. But hearing it made me realise that it wasn't really for me, and helped solidify my identity as bigender.

It doesn't have to just be male/female! It can be any combination - male/androgyne, female/agender, agender/genderqueer, etc.

Yes I think it's commonly defined as a genderfluid person moves along a spectrum and can be at any point on that spectrum, while a bigender person has two distinct points, and can feel them simultaenously or one at a time.

Thanks! I wish there was a way to translate it to real life. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. StanOWar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well that makes me feel better. I guess I always thought of it as strictly male and female, so that was part of my hang up. Also my partner might be happy to hear this since they are questioning and they were unclear on bigender as well.

So what if the the two genders are just kinda more masculine and feminine version of something in the middle? I'm not sure how to describe it. I mean I don't feel male and female and I draw the line at man and woman. I feel masculine and feminine and I like the he and she pronouns. Is that still bigender? is that something else?

I hear you on that...

9. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That is definitely still bigender :slight_smile:

I'm looking into getting a necklace or something that I will wear when I'm feeling female to clue people in, and they know which pronouns to use.

10. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have a necklace and it's so much easier than telling people every day (not that more than a couple of people actually pay attention to it)

I think all the threadstarter's questions have been answered by IvorySteel, basically it can be any two points anywhere on the gender spectrum. I personally am a fairly feminine male and/or a very feminine female depending on the day.

11. StanOWar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sorry I can only get on so often that's why I disappear for days on end.

My questions were answered for the most part and thank you to everyone who responded.(&&&)

I feel comfortable calling myself bigender now and have settled on demiboy and demigirl as the terms for the genders I am. Hearing how you all feel really helped.:slight_smile:

12. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Late replying myself... but glad to hear it. :slight_smile: