1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... I'm Struggling.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AngerAndAgony, Jul 17, 2015.

1. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys,

I'm Christopher, if you don't know that already. Anyway, I'll be starting college in the fall and it's my chance to be away from home and come out and start to try to present male (I get in trouble for it at home). Anyway, my chosen name is Christopher, but I've recently been debating on the middle name and it's stressing me out.

I kind of always had Adam in mind. But lately I've been looking along the lines of Bradley for a middle name. It's kind of really been on my mind and II'm stressing. Any ideas?

2. Latia

Out Status:
    A few people
    I personally think Christopher Bradley sounds great. Sophisticated, but badass at the same time.

But Adam would work well too, and it also depends how the middle name sounds with your last name. In the end, it's really what you feel most comfortable with and what you think fits you.

Best of luck!

3. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My last name rhymes with Pester (a nickname I got in school all the time) so if you wanna use that for sound.

The hardest part is they're both names with the starting sound of Ad. And the reason is my middle name has always been hardest for me and both would be tributes but Adam is kind of a tribute to someone I have a hate/love relationship with (i liest hate first because he angers me) and Bradley is from a guy so pure I could never even get close.

4. Romin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love them both. Maybe look up their meanings from a baby name website and choose your favourite? Since it is a middle name and you are just now coming out, I don't think it is absolutely necessary to have it nailed down right away.
    Take your time figuring out which one you like, or you could simply have two middle names if you'd like. I know plenty of people who have done similar things with their names.

Take your time, don't rush just because of university. It's a journey.