1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I transgender? mtf

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MagentaGould, Jul 18, 2015.

1. MagentaGould

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey everyone!

So for the last few weeks, out of nowhere I have been questioning my gender. I am born a male and I am gay. Now, these thoughts came out of nowhere, I turned 18 just under a month ago and that is around the time this started.

I have been on/off depressed since I was about 13 because I never fit in and had no social circle. This changed in the past year as I started to go to college but I still continued to feel very low in mood. I wonder if this is because deep down I actually knew I was a girl and that I was suffering from dysphoria...?

Growing up, I always wanted to dress in female princess costumes but I never had the confidence to act on it or say anything. I always used to play with dolls and sing girly songs and was very feminine from a young age... I always want to try on and wear girls clothing and use handbags but again I never have the confidence to act on it. I also don't like my body and I always feel slightly ashamed of it.

I get easily jealous of women I see in public or in magazines wishing I had their clothing/body, I sometimes even get jealous of my friends!!!!

I just have this picture of a beautiful woman that I want to be but I'm not sure if this is actually trans or gender fluid. I just really want to know what I am... Am I transgender or is this something else entirely?

Sorry for the really long post.

Thanks everyone. I'm just so confused.

2. Astral

Hey boo :slight_smile:

I felt the same before I transitioned. I was depressed since early adolescence, harbored jealously towards females (that was misinterpreted as overwhelming attraction for many years) and desperately wanted to do anything and everything to become a female once I discovered that was the root.

Things people like/d are not a good judgment of gender, as these things are social construct. The questions you should be asking yourself are:

- How do I feel about my male form? Being male in general? Do I like it?
    - Do I prefer female pronouns and name? How do I feel compared to he/his?
    - Would you want to present as a girl full time, and be seen as such?

Hope I helped :slight_smile:

3. MagentaGould

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey Astral!

Well in answer to those questions, I would say.

1. It's okay but it's not who I want to be if that makes sense, I don't like being hairy, I really hate it, even when shaved, I know it's still there and it really upsets me.

2. I prefer being called she/her. People have done it by accident before and it's been a great feeling. They apologise annd I'm like no don't!!!

3. Being a girl full time sounds frickin wonderful, I'd love to be seen in that way.

:slight_smile:

4. Astral

Well based off your replies I'd say you're most likely transgender. The best way would be to begin with little steps, like cross-dressing and painting your nails. If that becomes comfortable, consider taking those steps further! I was waay to impatient for my hair to grow out that I bought a wig too, literally is the game changer for passing and not for me :slight_smile:

Just take it day by day, and don't force anything. What's meant to happen, will! :slight_smile: xo

5. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think we are in the same boat. Even though I know I'm a beautiful girl inside I had alot of really confusing emotions leading up to deciding that I wanted to transtion. The main question I asked myself was, do I want to stay the same way, all I could think about was how much my mind is dissoccected from my body. I also think I will pass once HRT is underway. Talking to people can help you get a sence of where you should be in terms of wanting to transition.

Just be true to yourself.

6. MagentaGould

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have been talking to my transgender friend today (mtf) who is now a beautiful lady and I think I definitely wan hormones and to transition.

7. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think transitioning is more of a need than a want. Even if you don't have much or any dysphoria, it can still be the right choice. Good counseling can go along way to having a healthy transition. The last thing you or anyone would want is regret.

I'm happy that you have the courage to take the first steps into a new life. I'm just glad that I'm not alone in the world, and have people that I can confide in. (*hug*)

PS: youtube is your best friend.