1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know what to think

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ToneDef, Jul 18, 2015.

1. ToneDef

ToneDef Guest

I've been struggling with my gender a lot over the last 6 months or so (a little longer I think.) I started waking up about once a week feeling more female than usual. As time has gone on, feelings have become more overwhelming. Yesterday, I went out shopping and decided to buy some makeup and jewelry because I've always wanted to learn how to wear makeup. When I got home and was all dressed up, I took pictures (I was actually semi-impressed with the job since it was my first time seriously trying.) Before I went to bed I decided to smoke a bowl (cannabis) because I wanted to smoke as a girl and I sat down in front of mirror and I started crying. It was only for a split second and I'm not sure if my eyes were tearing up or if it was actual emotions but all I could think was "am I really crying over the fact that I'll never be a girl? is this really happening?" There has to be a reason that question popped up in my head, right? I haven't been able to cry or get my emotions out for quite some time now so I couldn't figure it out with it happening so fast (as I've been suppressing emotions a lot.) All I know is that I spent 4 hours in makeup and only washed it off because my family doesn't know and I had to sleep. I can't remember the last time I felt like that. It was so free and liberating. I don't like being male, I dislike my body, I've always been jealous of females (which I'm thinking I got confused with attraction.) I wasn't always playing with dolls or makeup or anything when I was young either. Other than the last 6-12 months and the short periods throughout my life I've had these feelings (until I suppressed it I guess) this is all pretty new. I also think I make a pretty convincing girl, which makes me happier when I see that. I don't have a clue what to think of all of this. Anyone share these kinds of experiences?

2. souverian

A few months ago I started having problems. I have no clue how things will turn out or if the dysphoria will get worse for me, but I guess I can wait until it actually starts disrupting my daily life.

I definitely identify with the "feeling more female than usual" bit of late, but I've never had the opportunity to crossdress (besides the time I tried on a bra years ago as an early teen--really, it should have tipped me off at least a bit). I also still don't know where I am with attraction, but for right now at least I'm going with bisexual.

We're both figuring things out in our own ways, I guess.