1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my unusual childhood making me GQ?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DreamerBoy17, Jul 19, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm biologically female, and ever since I was a small child I've been extremely tomboyish. All through elementary school, my only friends were guys. In daycare, I fit in with the boys perfectly. We all played video games and ran around and had fun. Things started to come to an end in 5th grade. The boys at my school no longer let me sit with them or play with them because I was a girl. This was a painful experience for me.
    Recently I've been questioning gender. I identify with being female, and I'm content with my parts. But at the same time, I feel masculine in a way that feels like it exceeds tomboyish stuff. I feel like I have two identities inside me. And most of the time, it feels ok. I feel at peace with both sides and it feels normal. But I know if I were to tell the people around me, I wouldn't be taken seriously. Which is hard, because it comes naturally to me.
    Anyways, is it possible that being kicked out of my group in 5th grade was enough to make me overcompensate and be genderqueer? Or is it possible this is really who I am?